We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

edmonton
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Topic
weather

For you folks who think it is cold in Mazatalan,picture this, -42 with blowing snow, as I sit and look out the window at this moment.Thankfully only 4 more sleeps until Paradise.

AIRDRIE
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

Yes, I agree and can relate. -33C and with the wind its -48C here in Calgary this morning. I think the topper though is Cold Lake, Alberta (my home town), same temperatures but with about 20cm of snow to go with it.

Sure makes the 15-20c weather seem tropical that's for sure.

Enjoy your trip, we just returned from there on January 4 from a weeks stay; Absolutely awesome trip!

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,485 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

And us snow-birds were complaining about the daily temps in the high 60s F here in Mazatlan :-(

Last few days the temp has been in the mid-70s :-)

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,598 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

I guess it IS time for a weather update. We complained so much when it was frigid, I should let everyone know we have now (At last!) returned to NORMAL winter weather in Mazatlan. Evenings are a bit chilly in the mid to low 60's, often with a chilling breeze, so a light jacket is in order. But daytime temp's are back to about normal. Mid to high 70's with some days in the low 80's coming soon. We locals have stopped grumbeling, tourists can again be seen on the streets. Life is GOOD!

Carnaval starts Thurs. so I will be avoiding my office most of the time. (What little parking was available is allready taken up by dozens of Pacifico Beer Booth's in the street.)

Washington State USA
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

"Last few days the temp has been in the mid-70s"

So I noticed! Super!

Lar

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

Yes, we leave in 4 more sleeps out of Edmonton and thank you to the nice fellow next door with the snowblower. Yikes!! it's just darn cold here. Really nice to hear the temperature is up in Mazatlan but at this point anything above freezing would be a bonus.

Mission, Canada
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, Mission
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather

I so wish I could blow this Mega-freezer and head back down, and work remotely.

(It was -37C in the parking lot as I pulled in this morning. Google toolbar presently shows it as -33C.)

It would be so easy for my line of work to work remotely, but my manager wants me at hand for continued updates and ad hoc work on our servers.

edmonton
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: weather

4 the record: You must be on the Skyservice flight out of Edmonton, leaving at 6:00am this Friday.We are on the same flight, stop by and say hello, as it would be nice to meet somebody in person that you have met thru the forum.We are in row6, aisle seats(my wife is very blonde).So we will be easy to spot.I will have a carnaval hat.

adios deb+fred

Ontario
Level Contributor
3,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather

Aisle seats on Skyservice is good! Very good!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather

oh we are just in front of you in row 5, a window seat and hubby gets the middle seat. First round of Drinks are on us( well to the couple in the seats behind us )We are jumping out of our skin, can't wait to go!! Burrrrrrrrr

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
763 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather

Have fun, I am behind ya Feb 18th. It's not as cold here on MT hood IN oregon, but I have 12 inches of snow and I want sand and sun!!! The snow is still coming down