We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The sun is shinning in Mazatlan

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
The sun is shinning in Mazatlan

It's a beautiful morning the sun is shinning. went for a long walk on the beach early and now having some breakfast. We have been here a couple days now and the pace is slow. just how i like it. Going to the market today and pretty much suntanning and margaritas the rest of the day. Oh the parade is later this afternoon and we may venture out to see it.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
778 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The sun is shinning in Mazatlan

Glad to hear all is well. only 15 days, wish I was there now!!! Enjoy the parade. Our the night still cold?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: The sun is shinning in Mazatlan

thank you so much for the up to date in Maz....Glad your having a great vacation...hoping you continue to give us reports while in maz so us poor folks TRYING to get through winter can have a little glimmer of hope!!! Thanks

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The sun is shinning in Mazatlan

Glad that the weather is finally cooperation !! I want a redo... from our early January trip..the weather sure did put a damper on our trip , not to much time on the beach and getting warmed in the sunshine!! Still love the place...

Disney Chicks

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The sun is shinning in Mazatlan

Didn't make it to the parade as i couldn't get out of Twisted Mamma's. Watched one of the best football games ever!!! Ya for the Giants!!! The weather isn't really up to par, for us anyways. A bit breezy and last night was chilly. The mornings are pleasant. My husband is on the hunt today for someone to take us sailing and i am going to do some shopping. I love the shopping in Mazatlan not stressfull at all and i find the prices are better than most places in Mexico. Before i left i printed off that huge restuarant list and also the things to do list so i'll take up my spot on the beach and do some reading. So far we haven't done anything too wild and exciting so we may need to turn up the heat.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The sun is shinning in Mazatlan

So how is the Playa? We will be there on Wed! Save us some pacifico! Hear it will be warming up soon! See ya there!

Peggy & Glen

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The sun is shinning in Mazatlan

Hola, well today i am hanging around the hotel and pool and it's nice. I find it a bit breezy on the beach but it's probably just me, i like it very hot.

the thermometer here says 78 so it is warm. You need a sweater or hoodie at night. We are going to check out the "Fat Fish tonight for ribs"

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The sun is shinning in Mazatlan

Yesterday we had an excellent day and the weather was nice and hot. We walked all the way from our hotel (Axteca) to Chilli Peppers and spent the day on the beach drinking margarita's. Went swimming in the ocean and had a wonderful afternoon. We rode horses back down the beach to Joey's Oyster Bar and watched the sunset.

Today it's windy and really cold this morning, not bad this afternoon and we spent a few hours shopping. Bought some nice silver and had them make us some nice leather leashes and collars for our dogs at Constantinos. Friends we are with are having leather jackets made. Tonight we are walking down to Heather's for dinner and then Gringo Lingo's for drinks. It's pretty laid back here and there is a guy here that has brought his guitar so having some drinks by the pool and just hanging out before dinner. The people here are very friendly and lots that just come down and stay for the whole winter.

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: The sun is shinning in Mazatlan

Hola 4 the record. I'm enjoying reading your reports from Mazatlan and wishing it were ME lying on that hot beach drinking margaritas!...just a few more weeks and we'll be there. Hope you continue to have a good trip!

beverly hills
Level Contributor
218 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The sun is shinning in Mazatlan

thanks for the updates!..will be there next week to warm up

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The sun is shinning in Mazatlan

It's warm again today, the sun is shinning and the breeze is down, so far. Today i'm trying to find out how i can make reservation to take a sail on a boat called the pattiebell. The sailboat looks fabulous. I'll let you know how it goes.