We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Was having a Tropical Dream....

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,828 posts
183 reviews
Save Topic
Was having a Tropical Dream....

....than I woke up

Just a cute little poem I found that fits our weather here in Wisconsin perfect for today..

Why I Love Wisconsin

It's winter in Wisconsin

And a gentle breezes blow,

70 miles per hour at 52 below !

Oh, how I love Wisconsin

When the snow's up to your butt

You take a breath of winter air

And your nose is frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful,

I guess I'll hang around.

I could never leave Wisconsin,

'Cause I'm frozen to the ground.

Author..Unknown

Was in Mazatlan the first few week of January.. where does the time go..can't hardly even remember the trip...tan lines are gone..Kahlua gone, tequila gone ...what is left, of my life....

OH ya..lets plan our trip of next year!!!! Sorry just feeling a little house bond. We have not had this much snow in years. The snow banks are 12 feet tall !! We are also going to get another foot of snow !!!

Disney Chicks

Mentioned in this post
Wisconsin
Wisconsin
United States
Alberta, Can.
Level Contributor
213 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Was having a Tropical Dream....

I know exactly how you feel being from Alberta.

Hate to rub it in ...the taning lotion that is. If you need any more help planning your next trip here, we all would love to help.

You have to have something to look forward to.

Mentioned in this post
Alberta
Alberta
Canada
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,828 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Was having a Tropical Dream....

Oh strawberri... Now you are making me think of my favorite tanning lotion, MAZATAN !!! I will have to go get my bottle of it and just take a little whiff...I will call it my scent therpy for the day !!

Disney Chicks

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,370 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Was having a Tropical Dream....

Hehehehe,

I will be thinking of all you snow bound folks back there as I slip gently into the pool at P.B. Maz next week.

I do feel sorry for you, but can't help but kick you just a little while you are down.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
705 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Was having a Tropical Dream....

Hello

11 more days till I'm basking in the sun on the beaches of mazatlan. MMMMMMMMM.

mark

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,828 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Was having a Tropical Dream....

Sure birdman ... just kick me !!!! But guess what I don't have far to fall I think the snow amount is going from one foot stage and it is working on the 2 foot stage now...I will have a very soft landing !! Just came up with a new thought for all of this snow....I will make Margarita slushies...but guess what..NO tequila...and can't even get the car out of the garage to go to the liquor store to get some...what a waste of all this good snow !!! I do have Some Pacifico, maybe this will work....WOW what a blizzard out there !!!

Disney Chicks

mn
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Was having a Tropical Dream....

from mn leave in 15 days and a wake up let it snow.maybe a storm and wont be able to fly back????

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
780 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Was having a Tropical Dream....

sorry disneychicks, I feel your pain but I heading out in 12hrs can not wait. It's been two years way to long

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,828 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Was having a Tropical Dream....

...Have a great trip Skiingfrog !

just watched the news and we are going to get more snow again today ..can't wait !!

I believe, just a few more inches and we will have broken our snow record !

Have a great day..

Disney Chicks

Toronto
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Was having a Tropical Dream....

That was a great little poem - we're not quite as bad at the moment, but close here in Toronto. We had a day of freezing rain yesterday over top of 2 ft. of snow - slushy, slippery and grey, again.

I'm coming to Mazatlan a week Tuesday - on my own, I'll be brave enough to say. It would be so nice to hear from travellers/locals who might not mind a tag-along when going to a club or nice dinner. I don't mind spending time on my own, but wouldn't mind a little back-up at night. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,646 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Was having a Tropical Dream....

Dropped off friends at the airport yesterday and today. I always like to see their smiling faces when they arrive, but hate to see their sad faces when we say goodbye at the airport. But I have to say that it is a nice reminder to be thankful that we spend our winters in Mazatlan and miss the cold weather.