We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing our hotel in mazatlan

winnipeg
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Changing our hotel in mazatlan

Can anyone tell us what the Costa de Ore is like in Mazatlan, We have a booking at the Luna Palace but thinking of changing where we will be staying as there seems to be allot of negativity about the Luna. We have three young kids traveling with us and will be paying extra to move over.

Thanks in advance

BC Okanagan
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changing our hotel in mazatlan

Costa de Oro gets consistant good reviews and there are some CDO regulars on the forum that will come on later and tell you more.

My experience there was just with the pool/bar staff and the grounds which are all great. Nice place, great friendly staff. Everywhere we went when walking through we got smiles.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changing our hotel in mazatlan

They offer either a room with2 beds...or a one bedroom suite with kitchenette..this has 2 beds and 2 places in the living area that you can sleep on also..but those seemed...pretty hard, maybe kids would be OK but not for adults ! We stayed in the building behind the pool area, room 982(one bedroom suite) great view. Rooms are a bit dated..we used a friends timeshare and they said that they may start to update the rooms in the near future. Wait staff is very attentive and the food is pretty good too !!

Disney Chicks

Brunswick, Georgia
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changing our hotel in mazatlan

I have not stayed at Luna, but have walked though most of the hotels in the gold zone at one one time or another and I would HIGHLY reccommend Costa over Luna. If you can upgrade to the 1 BR suite at Costa you have a bedroom with two doubles that can be closed off with accordian type "doors" and a couple steps down into the kitchen/living area with two couches that convert into twin beds, it is also nice to have the mini fridge and kitchenette area. The balcony views from these rooms are fantastic and I suggest going to the 5th floor or higher for the best unobstructed view of the pool area/ocean. I'll be there from 4/4-4/12 and cant wait! I have not stayed anywhere but Costa De Oro in my last 7 trips down if that tells you anything!

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,539 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changing our hotel in mazatlan

Costa de Oro has the better location. It is also close to El Cid, which has arguably the best pool for kids. Lots of water sports activities close by.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
778 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changing our hotel in mazatlan

i vote for costa de ora as well, great location

winnipeg
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Changing our hotel in mazatlan

Thanks everyone for your help, What is the wether like there around April

7. Re: Changing our hotel in mazatlan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 12:20