We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report April 6-13 Sorry pretty long

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
OHIIO
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Topic
Trip report April 6-13 Sorry pretty long

So we just got back from Mazatlan and other than a few minor road blocks were had an excellent time. Day 1 we arrived at around 2pm Sunday after getting our luggage and shuttle we got settled and then took a walk on the beach. We were staying at Marina Del Sol and I was a little concerned because of some prior post. It actually wasn’t as bad as I expected. Typical Condo small compared to the fancy hotels and at the north end of the beach past the Marina but sufficient for our needs. There was a lot of construction going on in that area. We ended up taking a taxi to Pancho’s because we hadn’t quite figured out the bus system yet. Excellent food and view just as other had described. We strolled around looking at the shops and got harassed by time share hawks ended up signing up for the Mayan one because they gave us cash and figured my husband could use that for his fishing trip to El Salto finally went home to get rest after an exhausting travel day.

Day 2 Monday we had to go to the Mayan time share presentation ate an excellent breakfast and tour their facilities had to say no to five different people then got our gifts. We then came back to the room and decided to make some calls about my husbands fishing trip. Wow what a Monopoly there it’s impossible to find anything under 500.00 per single for all day. We did find at Mazatlan Tours 375.00 for one person and called and good thing we did because they were booked all week except Tues so we went ahead and booked it. We rested and I laid out for a while by the pool and we went to a Jewelry store that we received a 100.00 gift certificate for from Mayan turns out you have to spend at least 250.00 to get a 100.00 off definitely a scam never mentioned. So don’t take that gift because the jewls are way over priced. We then walked around and went to Gringo Lingo’s nice party atmosphere good food. Went home and went to bed we were still on Ohio time.

Day 3 Tuesday Hubby had to wake up at 3:30 am to get picked up at 4:00 am for his fishing trip. He said his guide was awesome and set up trips himself he gave us his info so once I find it I will post that. He had an awesome breakfast and lunch ended up catching over 30 bass but nothing over 10 or 11 lbs so he was a little disappointed he didn’t catch the monster bass. While he was gone I slept in and finally woke up and decided to lie out on the beach it was wonderful perfect weather. Around figured I should probably get started on my spa day. Flagged down the first Taxi to go to Aroma spa he had no ideal where it was waited for another one asked him and he had no ideal either. The receptionist at the condo had recommended Christine’s so I decided to go there because at least I knew where that was. 1 hr massage was 30.00 LeAnn did it and she was excellent. Got and Mani and Pedi for 25.00 so all in all with tip ended up spending like 70.00 not too bad. Got a bite to eat at Pizza Place nearby and headed back to the condo arrived just as hubby was coming home from fishing trip. We rested a little while then went to eat at Gus Gus. Excellent food. Got suckered into another time share by our Concierge at the Condo for tickets to Stone Island and the tequila tour.

Day 4 Wed woke up and went to the El Cid time share presentation nice breakfast way less pushy didn’t last as long. We went home for a short nap mine in the sun on the beach of course then went to the market it was pretty crowded so we didn’t stay very long. On the way home decided to just stop and eat at Burger King I was craving a burger.

Day 5 Thur Went to Stone Island with El Cid tour ok trip not very many people on boat there was only like 8 of us. Our crew was excellent kept bringing the drinks. Nothing like drinking at 10:30 in the morning. Spent the day on the Island didn’t buy and extra activities just walked around and enjoyed the beach and the sun. Had lunch at Molaki free with trip. Got home around 4:30 or 5:00 Decided to try Mr. Tony’s order a shared platter for two could have actually feed like four there was way too much food but very good. Afterwards decided to go to Joe’s watched the fire shows people on the beach were doing had Tequila shooters not bad but pretty expensive. Around midnight was just completely worn out so we left.

Day 6 Friday finally on Mazatlan time schedule woke up to leave for the Tequila tour took a trolley went and saw the process and got to sample different Los Onos tequilas very good. Went to a village and saw their craft there. Had a few question bugs on the tour asking all kinds of dumb questions but what are you gonna do. Still had a good time and stopped to eat at restaurant in the village for lunch. Bought a bottle of Los Onos tequila while at the farm. Later that night after resting up went and ate at Senior Frogs had lots of Margaritas and stayed for partying afterwards. Good time was bummed gift shop in restaurant was closed but there are a million others around town.

Day 7 Saturday last full day in Maz Went to last time share presentation for Pueblo Bonita for cash definitely would have purchased their plan if we didn’t have one already the resort was excellent brand new and very affordable. People were not pushy at all half way through the guy started telling us all the things to do on our last day and what not to miss very nice people. After that we went back to the market with our cash and purchased souvenirs and went to the Cathedral I think they were getting ready for a wedding so we didn’t stay long. Stopped back in town one last time to walk around was going to Panchos again but ended up eating at Margaritas not as good but 2 for 1 drinks. Ended up going home at 9 cuz we had to get up early to leave. So sad… Also my husband was sick most of the trip with a sinus cold so he was pretty exhausted and ready for some American medicine.

All in all an excellent trip we saw and had a lot of fun. Ate some of the best meals of our lives drank way too much. We had a pretty rough trip home was delayed lost my hubby’s poles in transport (still not sure where they are) and ended up in the back of the plane where the seats don’t recline. Would definitely go back in a heart beat. Thanks to you all for your great advice mad things much easier. I will get some pictures loaded soon.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report April 6-13 Sorry pretty long

I always enjoy a happy story. Thanks for the great report.

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report April 6-13 Sorry pretty long

Enjoyed your trip report...next time stay for two weeks so you can relax a little! With regard to your husband's sinus problem (or any other problem), we have always had good results just going to one of the pharmacias in town...unless it's a serious problem, they can give you some pretty good drugs to fix you up pretty fast without seeing a doc.. Glad you had fun!

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
673 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report April 6-13 Sorry pretty long

We also were at the Cathedral on Satrday, JUST after the Wedding. Lots of Locals all gussied up. It was nice to see them dressed "snazzy" as sometimes (most) we dont see that side of their lives.

BC Okanagan
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report April 6-13 Sorry pretty long

Great report!

We have been having some really well thought out Trip reports lately, and they are a joy to read.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
746 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report April 6-13 Sorry pretty long

wow, you guys were busy!! Great report. Gotta stay for two weeks next time, so you can relax

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report April 6-13 Sorry pretty long

WOW...you even took out time for naps !...My husband does not believe in those on vacations or for a matter of fact...at home either !!...so it is very hard to rest when someone is pestering you the whole time !!

Sounds like you had a great time !!

Disney Chicks

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,455 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report April 6-13 Sorry pretty long

Excellent trip report. Its nice to hear that some people like to go to time share presentations.

OHIIO
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report April 6-13 Sorry pretty long

Sorry I mispelled the Tequila tour we took it is actually Los Osuna not Los Onos it was very very good.

OHIIO
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report April 6-13 Sorry pretty long

luv maz,

We actually did go to several pharmacies in town and my husband is Mexican and speaks and reads spanish pretty well I think we ended up spending more on meds the whole time we were there then we did on transportation. It was pretty crazy. Turns out it developed into Broncitis so he was in need of something other than OTC's he's a trooper he tried hard to have fun for me.

OHIIO
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip report April 6-13 Sorry pretty long

Maz Expert

Its not that i like time share presentations so much but I am a softy and have a hard time saying no and we did end up with some great gifts for attending so that is always a plus.

To all

I am not sure about two weeks if you can believe it or not this was acutally very relaxed compared to last year when we went to Jamaica we were extremely busy and I had each day mapped out. In Mexico I decided to relax a little and let what happen happen. We are still pretty young 31 and 33 with no kids so we have lots of energy.