We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Cid El Moro Towers

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Topic
El Cid El Moro Towers

I know I was looking for information on our hotel when we were planning our trip so I thought I would share.

Room 2430 is close to the elevator and has a balcony with a perfect view of the sunset, as did the connecting room 2429.

But my favorite room was the one we got for friends, room 2423. it had a balcony and a giant window, two of the four walls in the bedroom were almost entirely windows. Open the windows and you get a nice ocean breeze through your room and an amazing view of ocean (though you would have to go out onto the balcony to see the sunset)

The hotel service was wonderful. By the end of the trip we felt like part of the El Moro family.

My daughters loved the pools. The water slides and waterfalls were much fun. We were planning on visiting the water park, but once she saw the pool, she was happy right where she was!

My mother, who has a lot of trouble getting around, had some difficulty at the resort. There are lots of stairs and steps and she had trouble negotiating the pool and beach area.

As for the food at the hotel, we didn't eat there often, though we ordered guacamole poolside and it was yummy. We had dinner Saturday night at the restaurant closest to the beach (La Conchita?). They were offereng shrimp and steak shish kabob on the patio at sunset. It was very very good, though a bit expensive. The view was spectacular and the service was great. They make a mean apple martini. I hit the Mega early in the trip and bought fruit and most afternoons I just cut up a big plate of fresh fruit and brought it down to the pool. The pineapple and the mangoes were sooo good!

Right across the street from the hotel is a machine where we exchanged money with no trouble and no fees (yay). I would not recommend changing your money at any hotel, as their rates are always terrible.

We found grabbing taxis right at the front of the hotel was easy, but a bit expensive. We got much better rates and could negotiate better if we just started walking down the street and hailed a cab as we went (VERY easy to do).

The beach was clean and the palapas were perfect, and when we walked early in the mornings, we found some nice shells. When we were there, there were jellyfish most days, and straight out from the hotel there was a dangerous rip tide, but the beach was well patrolled and the lifeguards kept us out of trouble. Just south of us a short walk down the beach was a great place to play in the surf. My kids bought boogie boards at the mercado and had a ball body surfing.

Elizabeth City...
Level Contributor
696 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Cid El Moro Towers

Even though we were in the Villas Alhambra, we were still on El Cid property. We also enjoyed the pool area and only went on the beach one day. There again, the jellyfish were our turn off. Taxi's & the shuttle service was not a problem, plenty at all times. We, too, used the same machine directly across from the hotel to exchange money. Everyone on property was so nice and helpful. The only meal we ate on property was lunch by the pool & the prices were normal for a resort. I would definitely return to the El Cid community.

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Cid El Moro Towers

Great report! Thanks for sharing. I have been staying at the El Cid Castilla and Morro for eight years now and I love it. I used to stay at Playa Mazatlan but their rooms are too expensive considering they are in dire need of refurbishing.

El Cid rocks and soon Senor Frogs will be open too!

traveller20074
Level Contributor
149 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Cid El Moro Towers

Another El Cid tower lover here. We were in room 7123 and it was awesome. Right above the pools and a view of the ocean out the front. All windows and doors open at night to hear the ocean....

ahhhh......I loved the restaurants there too.

I'm almost forgetting about the time-share sharks now hehehe

Washington State USA
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: El Cid El Moro Towers

Seems to me someone once wrote that the rooms ending in ..23 are all right on that southwest corner, with the great views you mentioned and only a quick step out onto the balcony to see the setting sun?

Lar

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: El Cid El Moro Towers

Lar -

Yes - I checked on another floor and all the -23 rooms have great ocean views. All rooms ending with -28 -29 -30 have perfect sunset views and balconies facing west.

Another great thing about El Moro I forgot to mention here - they are in the middle of a great big re-furb of the property. The pools are getting re-tiled and the rooms are slowly getting redone. We toured a recently refurbished room and it was comparable to 5 star gold crown resort rooms we have stayed at in other areas of the world.

I hope the redone rooms are not just for El Cid timeshare owners ... I would kinda sorta like to sit in the hot tub on the balcony and watch the sunset on my next visit (grin ... talk about decadence!)

6. Re: El Cid El Moro Towers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 11:23