We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bakeries ?

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
409 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Bakeries ?

Looking to order a birthday cake. Although I really enjoy Panama's cakes is there another bakery in town that produces a quality product.

Thanks

Mazatlán, Sin...
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bakeries ?

Several, good ones too, but in my opinion none of them equal Panama's quality. A very subjective sort of thing.

Mazatlán, Sin...
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bakeries ?

I sent that too soon! Sorry. The other cake bakeries are listed in the Yellow Pages under "Pastelerías".

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
409 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bakeries ?

Wow, that was a fast reply. I thought that might be the answer but just wanted to make sure :)

Canada
Level Contributor
383 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bakeries ?

Actually, I saw a large group of women served a beautiful looking cake at the restaurant at Las Flores and also had a delicious cake for dessert at Heathers. I think the one at Heathers was made there but not sure about the other. Maybe the ladies had brought in their own cake...from Panama!

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,540 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bakeries ?

El Olivo makes a nice cake as well as Panama. It is located about 50 meters east of Dairy Queen.

Canada
Level Contributor
383 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bakeries ?

Ohhh and it's a lovely cafe/bistro/deli with great coffee! I had a dish of three crepes there and my husband enjoyed an omelette. Loved the atmosphere of this place. We sat at the table in the window in the room to the right when you walk in. Beautiful : )

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
959 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Bakeries ?

Dolci Mami is verrrryy good. They have 2 locations, one in Lomas, and one in Centro.

calgary
Level Contributor
1,731 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bakeries ?

How odd. Someone posted on this thread today but it has been bumped from the front page by a thread no one has posted on since December 17. I guess I just fixed that.

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,769 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bakeries ?

Besides Panama Bakery, Pasteleria Leon is very popular. Not sure if they deliver like Panama does, but it would be worth asking. 986-1885 is the phone number to their locaton on Av. La Marina not too far from Home Depot.

10. Re: Bakeries ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Mazatlan