We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions on What To Do?

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
157 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions on What To Do?

Okay all you Maz Fans- We are heading down to Mazatlan on 3-7 for 8 days and although this will be our 10th trip and staying at PB Maz, we usually except for eating and checking out new restaurants and always on every trip,wandering around the streets of the Old Town,find it hard to pull ourselves away from the pool, our books, walking on the beautiful stretches of beach, looking for shells and interesting sea creatures. We are both 59 years of age and so here is the question. If you were gonna pick one adventure what would it be? Oh yes- we have managed to go to Gingers on Ride horses on the beach- wonderful!!

Here are the things I have been thinking of:

Day at Stone Island

Trip to Concordia and Copala

Boat Tour of some sort

One of the Tours offered by King Davids or such

Love this site and would love to have your imput.

Also- anyone know how Topolo Gardens is doing since they changed owners? We wer Big fans of the food and ambience, but when we were there in November, right after the change took place, we were not at all impressed with the food. Any updates appreciated- as were really did enjoy eating there.

Canada
Level Contributor
383 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions on What To Do?

Onca Explorations ....did this our last trip and will make it a regular excursion from now on.

BC Okanagan
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions on What To Do?

ya, after your report PC, I really want to do that next trip. Looked at the video on here, looked like a great day.

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
409 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions on What To Do?

Trip to Concordia and Copala

We rented a car from alamo (near Panama's in the gold zone) They actually came to our resort PBEB and picked us up. We rented online the day before and it was cheaper than renting directly from them for some reason. Make sure and bring a print out of your reservation so they will stick by the correct price. We bought a "mapo" which was an adventure all on its own since we dont speak the language. It was a good way to spend the day. We stopped in Concordia first (I think) drove into the town square and looked and the church and bought some items from the vendors in the square. We then walked up the block and bought fresh baked goods from the bakery which is in someones house. You actually have to walk through their house into the back court yard and they have a brick oven with baked goods on racks for you to select from. It was very inexpensive and delish. We left early and arrived before the tour bus. The tour arrived as we were leaving. We continued on into the hills to Copola. Very rustic. We had lunch at the restaurant there. The food was very good and inexpensive. There was an older waiter there that was very much a character. Keep in mind this man is probably 80 years old and told my friend and I we were "highly desirable american women" He was too funny. For the rest of our trip that was our tag line to each other. The churches in both these towns are incredible. There are several furniture factories along the road. We did not stop. I figured there would be no way to get any of it home on the plane so why torture myself in case I found something I loved. The only thing that was kinda intimidating was there is a military check point on the road to these towns. They were stopping all vehicles with locals but when they saw us they just waved us through.No problems and a great adventure. Hope you enjoy Concordia and Copola if you decide to take the adventure.

Canada
Level Contributor
383 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions on What To Do?

RDABGA sounds excellent. You went just 2 (albeit highly desirable american LOL) females? If so, I'm impressed! I might be too chicken for that

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
409 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions on What To Do?

We kept pretending we were on "amazing race" without the camera crew :)

Canada
Level Contributor
383 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions on What To Do?

Hahaha! Love the Amazing Race

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,476 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions on What To Do?

Topolos is alive and doing quite well. I've been there three times with friends and all of them loved it. the place has been crowded each time. Manny, the previous owner opened a new place in Olas Altos between Shrimp bucket and Hotel Freeman, (name unknown)but I have not been there. Friends who have been there say the food is gret, but not the ambience of Topolos.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions on What To Do?

One of the best kept secrets of Mazatlan would be Hacienda Las Moras. It's a working rancho about 30 minutes from the Zona Dorado but is also a beautiful place for a lunch next to a lovely swimming pool or a horseback ride in the foot hills just outside the city.

Canada
Level Contributor
383 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions on What To Do?

"One of the best kept secrets of Mazatlan would be Hacienda Las Moras."

I've read about this place actually but didn't quite know what to make of it by the reviews etc.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
330 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggestions on What To Do?

Could someone please give me bus and walking directions to Topolo's? Also, should we make reservations?

Thank you