We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calling Card

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shelton, Washington
8 posts
Save Topic
Calling Card

I'm leaving next Sunday for PBEB for two weeks. I stopped in a local mini-mart to pick up a calling card. The teller said it was for calling into Mexico, not out? Should I wait and get one down in Maz?

Thanks, Tony

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Calling Card

I saw some people buying one a few weeks ago at the little store across from PB Maz so I'm sure they're available if you can't get one in the US.

Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Calling Card

Calling cards to the USA are available all over MZT.

If you go to Christine's Salon near the Balboa Towers you can get a card to use her Vonage phone for about ten cents per minute.

The Vineyard Church lets you use their Vonage Phone for free between 10 AM and 2 PM. Be sure to leave a donation for their work.

Idaho
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Calling Card

Have bought many cards, some worked some didn't... But have always had MCI go ritht thru. Hope this helps. Maybe we'll run into ya, will be there on the 25th. Staying at PBM. Can't wait!!! Like the rest, love this. Makes me feel like I have one foot in Idaho and one on the beach! Lewistonan

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
744 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calling Card

I have found that using the phone's at Christine's Salon work's the best for me. The mx calling cards cost more and have less time on them (that is what I have found in the past it may of changed).

The only issue at christine's I have had is the person I was calling could not hear me well, but I would hang up call back and all was good. I often make a few calls to hubby while I am there so I like the vaule of christin'e deal.

FYI

I have had highlights done there for the past 4 years and they are done well. My hair lady says so as well. They were alot cheaper then in the states.

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
408 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calling Card

We will be at PBEB the same you will. Maybe we can have a cocktail and toast the wet weather we all left behind. I will be traveling with my husband (his first trip to Mazatlan) and my three girlfriends. We are celebrating my 40th.

Shelton, Washington
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Calling Card

That would be fun! We are 41-42 yrs old, both about 6', medium build. If you see a guy with a Lizard tattoo on his arm, that's me. We signed up for a Salsa making class/Margarita/Salsa dance class on the 21st down at Las Flores Hotel. (look up salsa and salsa on trip advisor) it starts at 9:30AM kinda early for a Margarita, but never to early for salsa. :-) Tony

7. Re: Calling Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 00:16