We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old pictures of Mazatlan

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington State
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Topic
Old pictures of Mazatlan

Here are some old pictures of Mazatlan. A friend from Mazatlan sent these to me. Very interesting views of the El Faro with no fishing piers yet, Plazuela Machado, etc. Enjoy ! Pat

paginasprodigy.com.mx/GUSTAVOGAMA/pagina5472…

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old pictures of Mazatlan

Very cool looking at Mazatlan at the turn of the century. Thanks for sharing.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old pictures of Mazatlan

Cool pictures. The first three show where the 'Playa Sur' neighborhood that I live in now exists. It was bay in these photos. Many of the buildings in the photos still exist!

BC Okanagan
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old pictures of Mazatlan

Thanks for that Mazatlanlover.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old pictures of Mazatlan

Beautiful pix--really enjoyed them!

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
343 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old pictures of Mazatlan

Fantastic! Thank you for the great pics!

Mazatlán, Sin...
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Old pictures of Mazatlan

For those here on the forum who come to Mazatlán for more than a week or so, I think a fun thing to do would be to walk around the el centro historico area (about an 8-10 block radius) seeing how many of those old buildings they can identify today.

Just my idea of a fun thing to do and learn more about your favorite city, Mazatlán, at the same time.

Washington State USA
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Old pictures of Mazatlan

...and you can check out many, many photos on the walls at the Puerto Viejo Restaurant, too, just north of the Posada Freeman Hotel in Olas Altas...just part of the charm of what is one of many peoples' fave places in Mazatlan. Lar

Hugo MN
Level Contributor
151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Old pictures of Mazatlan

Very cool pictures.

Would be fun to have copies.

Mazatlan has so much history, was looking for John Wayne, in some of the pics. Mazatlan was one of his favorite Mexico cities.

Mazatlán, Sin...
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Old pictures of Mazatlan

For those who would like copies I can give some general advice. The gentleman who has these photos sells a CD with these and MANY more somewhere on the south side of Ángel Flores across from the Plaza Republica (the main city plaza in front of the Cathedral). Ángel Flores is the street that runs east and west on the south side of the plaza.

I would like to give you an address or store name, but I'm afraid I just don't know any directions to get you closer.

Washington State
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Old pictures of Mazatlan

Hey Mazbook,

Are you able to provide more directions to this store to buy the CD ? Do you know how much ?

I believe many people will be interested in buying a CD.

Thank you.

Pat