We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU here we come

Fountain Valley...
Level Contributor
42 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
RIU here we come

We are at PHX and getting ready to blast off to Mazatlan. Two double Bloody Marys and we are half way there. I will do my best to update my forum friends at the property.

Vancouver, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: RIU here we come

dying to hear any info you can give us ....we are travelling there August 16-23......

thanks and have a great vacation !!!!

Have a couple of cold ones for me !

Lethbridge, Alberta
Level Contributor
300 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RIU here we come

We'll be there June 27th. If you get a chance to send some pictures, that would be great. We are also interested in the combined zip line/tequila tour(hopefully tequila tour first) If you do that or talk to anyone who has, would like to hear about it.

Thanks & have a fantastic trip !

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,914 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RIU here we come

can any of you check to see if pool, would be heated(Not by the sun.. lol)

it's my hubby, big Bab!!

We find Most Pools in Mexico are NOT heated (winter months).

Just thought NEW Riu Resort Might build a heated pool??

We were to Riu's in Domincan Republic in Dec. even the Jacuzzi was NOT heated and Cool.

help..

Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RIU here we come

Our Family of 4 will be there too on the 26th of June. We can't wait. I check this sight everyday for new bits of information. We will see you there!

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,914 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RIU here we come

Hope you will all write a REVIEW when you return..Please...thanks.

Fountain Valley...
Level Contributor
42 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RIU here we come

Buenos dias my TA friends. First off, the junior suites in this RIU DO NOT HAVE TWO BEDS. None, zero, nada, zilch. The staff did supply us a second bed big enough for a Barbie doll. The good news is everything else. After check-in we boogied to the a/c sports bar (where I an now on free wi-fi on our laptop) and consumed lots of liquor. **Ask for pemium liquor with all your cocktails and you will get it** Then we went to the pool bar where we consumed lots more premium liquor and met a fellow poster PhoenixNYC. She and her hubby were also consuming lots of premium liquor.

The RIU is beautiful and seems to be empty. The lobby is spacious, open aired and spotless. Check in went smooth. Make your dinner reservations right after yu check in. You can book two days at a time. Right now, they are alternating restaurants due to the lack of clients. We ate Mexican last night. The dinner has a large selection of starters that were fresh and tasty, although you serve yourself. There are good choices of entrees. We had shrimp fajitas. There were six very good sized and fresh shrimp with veggies. We did not have desert because we filled up fast. Uneventful evening as we passed out.

The breakfast buffet can be compared to any major Las Vegas hotel's buffet. Cooked to order eggs,omelettes, pancakes,etc. Lots of fresh fruit, salads and baked goods. So far, the service has been five star. It seems we have private service because the place is still empty. By the way, espresso is served in the sports bar 24/7.

That's it for now.

Adios

Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RIU here we come

Thanks so much for the info! It's great to hear how it is going. We had booked a Jr. Suite but changed it to a double due to the one bed issue. Can't wait to get there!

OCGirly
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: RIU here we come

Thanks Cabopapa! Me and the girls are ready to arrive there on Thursday 6/18. I am happy to hear that it has lots of alcohol to go around!

Food sounds ok. Too bad we will miss you, just by a few days! Enjoy Mi- Amigo! ~OCGirly

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RIU here we come

Great deals to the Riu. Cheaper than living at home.

$599 ocean view from the west coast

jubileetravel.com/Features/Mazatlan.html

Fountain Valley...
Level Contributor
42 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: RIU here we come

Went on a mini tour of the city today in one of the open air death traps. Just kidding. The driver was a gem, hooking us up with a day of fishing this Sunday. I will post his number at a later date for thoe who want to be pampered Mazatlan style for a very reasonable price.

We went to the pool after a great buffet lunch with a great assortment of fruits, salads, pastas meats and killer desserts. Again, Las Vegas style and quality except for no carved meats. No loss.

Spent the rest of the afternoon getting hammered poolside where we made more friends as well as chatting with PhoenixNYC, her hubby and adorable girl.

Currently, I am in the sports bar enjoying a double espresso with a Bailey's back, while enjoying a Yankee Met game. Once again, it is a ghost town. However, I am absolutely loving the pampering I am getting from everyone because there is no shortage of service help. A friendly reminder: tipping these hard working individuals goes a long way. Extra towels and beverages in the room, endless cocktail refills in the bar and by the pool, (forget your bubba kegs) and endless coffee refills.

I am going to a later dinner tonight and I hope to make it to wherever to see whatever, whenever.

Adios for now. I have started taking pictures today and will post when I arrive home.

Cabopapa

Get answers to your questions about Mazatlan
Recent Conversations