We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MLT Worryfree Vacations cancelling many NW charter dates

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,059 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
MLT Worryfree Vacations cancelling many NW charter dates

If any of you are booked with MLT Worryfree Vacations for the charters from Minneapolis to Mexico...read this important information below.

Worryfree has cancelled many of their charters going to Mexico this winter...here is the latest information that I have...and they have STRESSED that it could go longer into each destination during the season...it will depend on how many bookings come in soon.

Here is the information I have so far...

Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa all MLT Worryfree NW charters from Minneapolis have been cancelled from December 20 thru January 3 departures.

Puerto Vallarta all MLT Worryfree NW charters from Minneapolis have been cancelled from December 17 thru January 4 departures.

Mazatlan all MLT Worryfree NW charters from Minneapolis have been cancelled from December 19 thru January 4 departures.

Call your travel agents...or MLT Worryfree if you booked directly...so that you can be rescheduled or refunded.

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,746 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MLT Worryfree Vacations cancelling many NW charter dates

This is not good news for tourism. Christmas/New Year should be a peak period, especially for those in cold Minnesota. Scary. Thanks for the heads-up.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,066 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MLT Worryfree Vacations cancelling many NW charter dates

I am hoping things (tourism) pick up in Mexico but I just looked at Alaska Airs prices in early Dec., with a companion ticket we can fly round trip from Seattle to Maz for under $300 each This looks as if they are not expecting any huge crowds on the planes.

If we find a cheap room & I may forgo bird season & spend a week or 10 days in the sun.

Tony, any big marlin still around then?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
767 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MLT Worryfree Vacations cancelling many NW charter dates

wow birdman not finding that price from portland oregon!! However we are going in march, still at 580 with tax. Hopeing it goes down, got a ticket that will soon expire.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
212 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MLT Worryfree Vacations cancelling many NW charter dates

Not sure where you got your information because it seems to be wrong. The worry free website still allows purchase of package deals to Puerto Vallarta from Dec 19-26. Mazatlan is still available Dec 26-Jan 2.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,059 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MLT Worryfree Vacations cancelling many NW charter dates

I got it directly from MLT sales office...

For Mazatlan...the only holiday flight is now December 26...they took the clients on the other flights who could still go and have mushed them all onto the Dec 26 flight...

The first Monday flight to MAZ is now scheduled for Jan 11

The first Wednesday flight to MAZ is now scheduled for Feb. 17

The first Friday flight to MAZ is now scheduled for Jan 8

The first Saturday flight to MAZ is now scheduled for Dec 26.

The previous schedules were to start with Dec 19...so you can see that a lot were cancelled/changed and it means less people to MAZ.

Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: MLT Worryfree Vacations cancelling many NW charter dates

Not quite so drastic, Judy.

Only two flights have been cancelled. Sat. Dec. 19 and Mon. Jan. 4. The starting dates for Wed. and Fri. have not changed.

For anyone interested, I posted Worryfree's original schedule on July 15.

Judy came back then and stated everyone should book now as flights were almost sold out.

Ontario
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MLT Worryfree Vacations cancelling many NW charter dates

H'mm!

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MLT Worryfree Vacations cancelling many NW charter dates

"If we find a cheap room & I may forgo bird season & spend a week or 10 days in the sun.

Tony, any big marlin still around then?"

Sorry Birdman I didn't see this until now. Although it's not the peak "Big marlin" season there are still plenty of Sailfish and a few Blues left in December. It's a good month for Tuna and big Dodos too! I caught the only wahoo i've caught in Maz in early December.

Hugo MN
Level Contributor
151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: MLT Worryfree Vacations cancelling many NW charter dates

Hmmm....

Is Traveljudy pushing the panic button too often?

Just got great airfare from Minnepolis in March, non-stop round trip $409.50.

Keep checking the deals are out there.

10. Re: MLT Worryfree Vacations cancelling many NW charter dates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 22:14