We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Trip - Staying in Centro Historico - few questions?!

toronto
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
First Trip - Staying in Centro Historico - few questions?!

We are staying in Centro, fairly close to the Plazuela Machado for one month in Feb. Although we are not really beach people, I'm sure we'll want to head to the beach for a day's outing. Anyone recommend a hotel we can go to with a pool, beach access and a restaurant where we can spend a nice day? Is it ok to do that without being a guest?

Also a Carnaval questions...with staying in Centro, will there be any need to go anywhere else to see festivities or will most of the action be concentrated in the Centro area?

Any recommendations for a nice day on Stone Island? What bus do we get from Centro and again is there a place where we want to situate ourselves for a day?

Many thanks!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First Trip - Staying in Centro Historico - few questions?!

Hi there Canchick,

I spent my first week in Mazatlan looking for the perfect hotel beach to spend my second week in Mazatlan. So far, I have visited - El Cid, Peublo Bonito, Ramada, Costo del Oro and Los Flores. I found Ramada to be the best so far - though the pool is NOT REally warm (but not cold either) and smallish. It's also not crowded, which I liked. If you like a bigger and warmer pool that is more crowded - try El Cid - the electronic music is blasting and there are all sorts of activities like bingo and volleyball. Ramada is much calmer and quiet. I just walked into these resorts, sat down and ordered a drink and no one ever complained. So... enjoy your time!!!

winnipeg
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First Trip - Staying in Centro Historico - few questions?!

happy hour at Costa de Oro is always fun...I believe it's from 2-3 pm...they have a good sized, well set-up pool area with great service. Drink their drinks, maybe an appetizer and tip the staff and you'll be more than welcome.

3. Re: First Trip - Staying in Centro Historico - few questions?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2010, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Mazatlan