We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange Rate "Chart"?

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
405 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Exchange Rate "Chart"?

One time when we were in Mexico we were given an Exchange Rate "Chart". We kept it and used it for several years and now have not been able to find it. I believe it was given to us in a hotel welcome packet. It was really handy. Anyone know where we might get one again? It has been most helpful with having the kids understand what items cost in US money.

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchange Rate "Chart"?

This is a great little cheat sheet that I use. It has the option of obtaining the "reverse cheat sheet" as well, so what I do is print both, clip on the lines, and stick them together, back-to-back, and pop it into my wallet. You will use both sides.

If the exchange rates are fairly stable, it will be accurate enough for the duration of your vacation. It is useful to show to vendors when you are bargaining as well as knowing just how much you are spending.

www.oanda.com/currency/travel-exchange-rates

Edited: 28 December 2009, 05:48
Madison Lake...
Level Contributor
245 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchange Rate "Chart"?

Awesome Cheat Sheet! Thank You!!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
747 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchange Rate "Chart"?

thanks for sharing..this will be very handy :)

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,045 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchange Rate "Chart"?

Just printed the cheat sheet kinda cool idea.

Another question maybe someone can help with, we have a B of A Visa that used to be free to use. The last time we were in Maz we awere charged both by B of A & the ATM co.

Is there an ATM that does not charge for B of A cards

If I am going to be charged, I will take cash & give my hard earned $$ to a cambio operater to exchange it rather than to a bank.

Ontario
Level Contributor
2,999 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exchange Rate "Chart"?

You will find that even if you get charged by the ATM machine - minimal - and your own bank - negotiable - you are still far better off than using the rotten exchange rates at a cambio!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Exchange Rate "Chart"?

Actually the cambio rates we got when there this year were the same or cheaper than using certain ATM machines with certain cards after fees were applied, so it's exchanger beware.

BofA does have an interest in Santander Serfin and therefore are supposed to be no charges. We would have done far better using an ATM there but did not want our other accounts tied to the ATM, and BofA had difficulty doing that for us.

Edited: 28 December 2009, 17:21
Seattle
Level Contributor
429 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Exchange Rate "Chart"?

"Is there an ATM that does not charge for B of A cards "

Santandar ATM(sp?) I used the one out front of mazbooks place, there is a online map if you google them.

canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Exchange Rate "Chart"?

This is Great!! Thanks printed one for each of us. Saves alot of spur of the moment thinking . Plan on using US currency and maybe a bit of Canadian then exchange this into pesos. Plan on using ATM 's if more is needed . I'm sure there is plenty in the El Cid Castella...

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Exchange Rate "Chart"?

hey trip...not necessary to bring US cash at all! By the time you pay exchange for US then convert to pesos, you will be loosing $$...bring your Canadian $$ and convert here or use an ATM...any fees will be minimal compared to changing currency to US and back. Mexico is not a US $$ country...although it may be accepted.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
405 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Exchange Rate "Chart"?

Mazzi - - - Thank you so much! This is very similar to the chart that I had used in the past. I will wait until closer to the day we travel and will print sheets out for each of us. Me Mucho Happy!