We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Telephone Services

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Telephone Services

While I am in Mazatlan I have to make regular phone calls back to Canada to stay in touch with an ailing family member.

What is the most cost effective way to do this?

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jude

Minnesota
Level Contributor
184 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Telephone Services

Have Mexico added to you cell package for a month.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Telephone Services

Using Telus in Mexico is super expensive..!! You can go to Christines in the GZ and call for super cheap! OR if you are taking your laptop...you can use Skype from your computer for cheap as well.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Telephone Services

Don't know what cell company you use but have been told Verizon will add calling to & from Mexico to an account for about $15 a month.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
749 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Telephone Services

I can confrim that verzion offers the $15 mexico plan.. for my plan .it switches my mins to 1000 from my normal 1400 I have on a family plan..your normal monthly fee stays then same and the 15 is an add on .

Edmonton
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Telephone Services

Hi there, we are from Canada as well and just returned from Mazatlan. I purchased a 'Call Home' card for 20.00 and had no trouble at all calling home from our hotel. Here's the link for more info or to purchase. mytravelpin.com

Hope this helps.

Jane

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Telephone Services

Thanks everyone!

Jude

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Telephone Services

You might want to try Magic Jack. Look it up on google. It is a small device that can be plugged into your computer and used wherever you get internet. You just need a small telephone and its very handy. I think ours cost about $75 for 3 yrs. Also I see alot of people here using skype.

8. Re: Telephone Services

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2010, 05:17