We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chile Relleno

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
International...
Level Contributor
47 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Chile Relleno

Anyone know where I can get a good meal of Chile Rellano in Mazatlan?

BC Okanagan
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chile Relleno

Try doing a search, I know that it has been posted...but cant remember what the restaurants name was.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chile Relleno

The very, very best I have ever had anywhere were at Arre Lulu's in MZT.

Arizona
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Chile Relleno

My favorite would be Te Amo Lucy's, about a block away from the Plaza Machado.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chile Relleno

Many places in Maz serve chile relleno's but two of my favourites are a small stand at Bellisario Dominguez and Genaro Estrada. The stand is in my neighborhood and is run by a very nice couple by the name of Lori and Chuie. They only serve them starting at noon on Thursday until they run out which usually only takes a few hours. Very local Mexican style (she is a very good cook that does everything from scratch) and very good. By the way their stand is bright pink, has some tables under some umbrellas to sit at and Chuie speaks pretty good English if you don't speak Spanish ... can't miss it.

I also really like Cuevo De Leon or the Lions Cave in Olas Altas on the Malecon just South of the old Belmar Hotel. "Manny" serves them stuffed with shrimp and they are great. For only 55 P. My favourite meal and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

International...
Level Contributor
47 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chile Relleno

Thanks for the suggestions...Arre Lulu's has been our favorite restaurant for 12 years. i will for sure try it there.

Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chile Relleno

My first choice for Chile Relleno would be Juanitas, 2nd choice would be Te Amo Lucy's.

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chile Relleno

Thanks so much for the question and suggestions. I had walked by Arre Lulu's several times in the last few days and never paid any notice but due to this post I got an order to go and we shared 2 chili relleno's, beans, rice, tortillas, and 2 kinds of sauce for $60 pesos. I'm looking forward to trying the others also. Mucho Gracias.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Chile Relleno

Chayito's.

9. Re: Chile Relleno

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2010, 06:16