We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New To Mazatlan

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Topic
New To Mazatlan

Hi Everyone. I used Trip advisor last year for the Mayan Riviera and found it very helpful. Just booked a condo in the Golden Zone for march. Now I am looking for some info if you can help??

1. Is there an online resterant guide?

2. What about fishing? Where can I book? Who is good?

3. Grocery store? What is close to the The Golden Zone?

Can I get alcohal at the grocery store?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
778 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New To Mazatlan

lots of mini stores in the golden zone for grocery and alcohal...However, the big grocery stores are cheaper.. Mega is the closest for most in the GZ. Where are you staying ? Knowing where you'll be will help out as well with location to things..I am sure the rest of your answers will be answeredl soon by the experts :)

Edited: 14 January 2010, 03:14
saskatchewan
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New To Mazatlan

I will be staying at the Ocean Palms Mid March. What is the Mega and is it close to Ocean Palms? I have no car so will have to use a cab.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
778 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New To Mazatlan

Mega is one of the big grocery stores...sorry my wording was not so good :)

Mega is close to your location, that's were I have shopped in the past..It;s nice

Don't worry about not having a car..it's easy to get around in mzt...The buses are not much and taxis aren't so bad either..Cheaper to take buses...... your in a great location.. well at least in my views...I stay at a little timeshare balboa club which is close to Ocean Palms...That part of the beach is really nice and last time I was down not super busy...heading down in march as well. Can't wait!!!! hope you enjoy your visit :)

Edited: 14 January 2010, 03:38
calgary
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New To Mazatlan

You don't need a car. Maz is easy to get around by bus or taxi/pulmonia. When I rent a condo in Maz the first morning is always a bus trip to Mega and a cab ride back to the condo with bags of pastries, coffee, milk, cheese, fresh fruit, snacks (look for something called cacaheutes japoneses - peanuts with a savory soy coating- yummy), beer, etc. This year I will be withing walking distance. For restaurants look no further than the the column to the left of the screen. Click on restaurants and start reading reviews. The first one you see, Panchos, is close to where you are staying and so are most of the top ten.

I can't help you with fishing unfortunately.

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New To Mazatlan

Thanks for the help people. Trip advisor is so great, nothing better than learning about some place new before you get there.

BC Okanagan
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New To Mazatlan

Truer words have never been spoken wallersask!!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
778 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New To Mazatlan

wallwesask you may want to try a search on old post whith fishing being the topic...seems there has been some recent ones or try a new post on fishing?

Edited: 15 January 2010, 04:51
Wish It, Was A...
Level Contributor
958 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New To Mazatlan

Hi wallersask.....I for one look forward to a report about your trip when you get home.

I have always wanted to hear about Ocean Palms....such a wonderful location! I would love to know how expensive it is to stay there too. If you prefer to give the info by private message you can do that to.

Have fun in Mazatlan...I KNOW you will!

Cheers,

MBL

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: New To Mazatlan

Beachlover Here is a link with prices for some of the condos in Maz. You can scroll down to see the Ocean Palms prices.

http://www.sinaloasun.com:80/

Also here is the link for Ocean Palms

http://www.oceanpalmsmazatlan.com/index2.html

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: New To Mazatlan

I hope posting those links are allowed??? Never thought of it till to late.

Get answers to your questions about Mazatlan