We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Shopping in Centro

toronto
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery Shopping in Centro

What would be the best large supermarket closest to Historic Centro for groceries? Thx.

Yukon, OK
Level Contributor
182 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Shopping in Centro

I would like to know the answer to this question too!!! Anybody know?

Thanks so much!

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Shopping in Centro

Ley has a store in Centro and another close.

Yukon, OK
Level Contributor
182 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Shopping in Centro

Thank you, Crazygolfer.

Can you tell me whereabouts in Centro? I appreciate your help.

Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery Shopping in Centro

The Ley store in Centro is 2 blocks east from the northeast corner of the Mercado. It is on Melchor Ocampo.

This link should bring you there. The Mercado is in the lower right corner and the Ley is near the top right of your screen.

wikimapia.org/…8

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grocery Shopping in Centro

Whew....thanks Bob! I have no idea what addresses are here hahaha I just know how to get there...driving by landmarks! lol NO I am definitely not 'detail oriented' haha

toronto
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grocery Shopping in Centro

Is Ley comparable to Mega or Soriana..I'm familiar with both of them but not Ley...thx.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Grocery Shopping in Centro

absolutely it is...maybe not quite so many choices for products that are typically north of the border but a 'superstore' type as well...clothes, farmcia, bakery, the full meal deal!

Madison Lake...
Level Contributor
246 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grocery Shopping in Centro

Check out the open air market in Centro for fruits and veggies! Meat is questionable, you will see when you get there... Also the shrimp ladies for seafood! Awesome!

Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Grocery Shopping in Centro

The Centro or Pino Suarez Mercado is a good source for fresh products.

As could be expected it has become somewhat touristy.

Much less known to travelers is the Juan Carrasco Mercado. This mercado is much more authentic real Mexican because it sees few tourists. It is a little smaller as it does not have as many tourist oriented stalls.

The Carrasco Mercado is on Avenida Gutierrez Najera two blocks inland from the Fisherman's Monument. The link shows a satellite view.

wikimapia.org/…8

Mazatlán
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Grocery Shopping in Centro

It seems as if none the posters have actually been inisde the Ley Centro! It is what's known as a Ley Express since it does not have clothes, appliances and the like. It is a grocery store, small compared to the other Leys, but it has a large selection of produce, meats, dairy, dry goods, etc .

Get answers to your questions about Mazatlan
Recent Conversations