We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tragic news for Stone Island

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver island
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tragic news for Stone Island

I know this may not be the place but... Leti of Letis restaurant died last night of a heart attack. She had many close North American friends who visit this forum regularly both here in Mazatlan and from home.She was a kind and generous lady who made us all feel welcomed.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tragic news for Stone Island

Deepest sympathy for her family.

In our research on TA we were planning our first trip to Stone Island and we were hoping to spend some time there and hopefully meet her.

Another Guardian Angel to watch over Mazatlan...

Canada
Level Contributor
596 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tragic news for Stone Island

That is tragic news..Lety always had a way of making you feel welcome when u visited and remembered u year to year. Her wonderful presence on Stone Island will be missed....

Sunriver, Oregon
Level Contributor
306 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tragic news for Stone Island

I have had the pleasure of knowing Lety for 17 years, I will miss my dear friend. She will always be in my heart.....but I will always go back....she will not be fogotten. Nancy

Wish It, Was A...
Level Contributor
939 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tragic news for Stone Island

So sad to hear about Lety...what a warm heart and smile she had.

You are right srlizzy...forever in our hearts.

Edited: 24 January 2010, 19:43
usa
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tragic news for Stone Island

Hi to all,

So sad to hear this news, we had returned two weeks ago from three and a half weeks of spending time with Lety and her family. We feel like we lost our best friend in the world. She had a way of making everyone feel like they were special, when she was the special one, she will be missed by all in our family. While I was righting this, Felipe jr., her son called, he said she started feeling bad about 12:00 and had passed by 1:00. Nancy, you are right, she will never be forgotten. Love from all of us, Mr. 2day

Sunriver, Oregon
Level Contributor
306 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tragic news for Stone Island

bump

BC Okanagan
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tragic news for Stone Island

So sorry to hear this. I have been hearing about Lety for years, and was planning to go hit Stone Island and Lety`s this trip.

My condolences to all of you, I know she was a huge part of your love for Mazatlan.

vancouver island
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Tragic news for Stone Island

The family was astonished last night when a large contingent of North Americans came from Mazatlan to give their respects. They said they had never been so proud of their mother and the love she fostered in others. Thank you all.

9. Re: Tragic news for Stone Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2010, 05:17