We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
156 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

Our 2 weeks in Maz has come to an end...a great vacation! Our group of 15 was spread over 3 resorts. My parents stayed at La Jolla Boutique Resort in Neuvo Mazatlan. There have been many negative comments regarding this resort because it has not been completed as promised and at this time only has villas available. We were very happy that they honoured the reservation and 2 suites at the bottom of a villa were for my family. My husband, son and I stayed for 2 nights and then moved on to the Marina Del Rey and Marina Del Sol for the remainder of our trip. (Please see a separate report for more info regarding La jolla).

We shopped at the Mega on 3 occassions and love the store. Hop on the buses that say Mega and it drops you off right in front. We always take a taxi or pulmonia back. We find everything we need here....and enjoy the challenge of translating things.....dont forget to tip your baggers!!!!

Members in our group did the Canopy Zip lining day and loved it....also para-sailing in front of Chili's Pepper for $350 pesos....whale watching....lots of whales to see.......also enjoyed!. Most of our vacation was spent enjoying the beach, wave jumping and swimming in the warm ocean at Emerald Bay. The water temperature was wonderful....we had great weather....except for Thursday when it was cloudy and rainy. We spent the morning at the Aqaurium with the kids.....fun morning for around $5 to $7 CDN. We enjoyed the seal, shark and bird shows.....they could charge a little more and still be well worth the money. Later that evening we were hit with torrential rains around 5:30 PM ....have never seen that in Mazatlan....the streets in the Golden Zone were flooded over and made travel difficult. We did make it to the Shrimp Factory....but there was hardly anyone out. The rain finally stopped early in the morning....and it was back to clear skies.

We made our usual restaurant stops at Chili's Pepper (really one of our favorite places in Maz...the staff even drove a couple from our hotel back during the rain...as there were no taxi's etc anywhere...now that is a great group of people)....we love the food, the drinks the location and the staff here...we brought the kids one night...and they entertained them with tricks etc....love you guys! We also hit The Place, La Casa Country, The Panama, Senor Frog's and a place called La Palapa near El Rancho...cant remember the name of the resort...its on the beach and has the best Tortilla soup I have ever had in Mazatlan. We also tried for the 1st time...and not the last.....Pancho's and Rico's....loved both!!!! We really have never had a bad meal anywhere.....because we were staying in Timeshares...we did some of our own cooking in between...making for a really enjoyable vacation.

We did notice that Mazatlan still is not that busy with tourists and there is ALOT of construction going on especially North of the Marina. Building are going up everywhere....it is unbelievable....most are condo or timeshare places.......the RIU if huge and somehow seems out of place in Mazatlan....but maybe that is just a sign of the changes coming.

Finally.....we LOVE Mazatlan....it has everything we desire in a vacation....with great people and great conversations to be held everywhere. We thank the people of Mazatlan for helping us to have another memorable vacation in your wonderful city....Gracias Amigos!!!!

Onca Explorations
Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacation!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
778 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

nice report...makes me wish march 15th was next week....sounds like you all had a blast... :)

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
405 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

Many of the place you mention going to are the ones that we frequent as well. There are so many great places, we too love Mazatlan. Thanks for sharing your trip!

Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report

Hi, I’m glad you enjoyed your trip. Thank you for sharing your experiences with the rest of us. It helps us get by until we can go back. Thanks again, Mr. 2day

Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report

Nice trip report. Interesting that you enjoyed La Jolla. I'm sure many were waiting to hear about your experience this year and progress of construction.

6. Re: Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2010, 08:15