We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you get to Pizza Benji's?

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
366 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
How do you get to Pizza Benji's?

I was reading the restaurant reviews on TA and I see that Pizza Benji's is now ranked second. I know it is on Stone Island. Most of the reviewers said they met Eli the owner at the dock and he helped them get to the restaurant. How do I get there without the help of Eli? Is this place good? How is the beach in front of it?

usa
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How do you get to Pizza Benji's?

Hi JeepmanSV,

First, like many people I’ve met in the area, some people say they are the owners when they aren’t. Eli married the owner’s daughter about 10 months ago. He first told us he was the owner when I first met him in January. At best that makes him the owners son-in-law.

Anyway, you take the water taxi from the docks by the restaurant “Puntila” sp., when you get to the island, either walk or get a taxi to the right or south, towards the big rock (chivos, goat island) it is the last restaurant in the small group of restaurants. Any of the taxis will take you there, but it’s not that long of a walk. If you take the other taxi, tell your taxi driver you want to go to Benji’s on chivos, they all will know where to go.

If you are sitting at Lety’s or Victors, it is across the bay, it is in a protected cove and the water is very calm. To me pizza is pizza, as I’m diabetic, I really can’t eat it, too many carbs, but everyone else seams to like it, we always pick up some for our friends on the island. Mr. 2Day

Edited: 28 February 2010, 04:55
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,943 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do you get to Pizza Benji's?

The first two reviews of the pizza place are the gal and guy traveling together, each signing on as seperate clients...each posting the same thing and how would they know if the pizza was good, they were wasted!

The others all appear to be cruise ship people...maybe they just don't get around Mazatlan much to see what else there is??

Facebook has really ruined the restaurant reviews here on Trip Advisor...sad.

BC Okanagan
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do you get to Pizza Benji's?

There have been others that enjoyed the pizza there as well. Here is a quick TR where its mentioned not long ago. tripadvisor.com/…24407348

4. Re: How do you get to Pizza Benji's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 February 2010, 16:05
5. Re: How do you get to Pizza Benji's?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 February 2010, 16:05
Otownwashington
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How do you get to Pizza Benji's?

If you like wood fired Pizza, There is a place close to down town called. La Mona , We went there last year on our trip and it was Fantastic!

7. Re: How do you get to Pizza Benji's?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2010, 05:18