We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Vendors

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lacombe, AB,
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Beach Vendors

Hello Everyone,

This may seem to an odd ball question, It goes out to anyone that has been dealing with the beach vendors this year. We are looking for a friend of ours, He goes by PANCHO, He sells silver, last year he wore his Green John Deere hat everyday. Hoping he is back this year to sell. We were keeping in touch with him via phone, but he must have left his cell with his family back home...they don't speak english, and all I can do is order a two cervezas in spanish, Pancho is a great guy, has great prices and doesn't force his stuff on you, like some. So if you are looking for some great silver on the beach, look for Pancho, and if you see him before we do, tell him his Canadian friends (Ryan & Dee) say hi and we will see him soon. We get there on March 25th for two weeks.

Here is a shot in the dark, We would like to contact Pancho before we come down there. Would like to bring a few Great White North treasures for him and his family and need some info. If any of you read this and then by chance come across Pancho could you let him know we are looking for him...next problem, he probably doesn't have our number anymore...its probably on his cell back home with his family. So if you have any ideas of ways for him to contact us that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time...This is my first post but have learned lots from everyones great knowledge of MAZ, This will be my 3rd time down there and can't wait tocome soak up the sun. Thanks again

BC Okanagan
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Vendors

Welcome to the forum loweblow,

we have many members that love the vendors and have their favorites as well. Hope someone finds your Pancho for you.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
743 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Vendors

I'll look for him starting march 15th...if I see him I'll let ya know :)

Lacombe, AB,
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Vendors

Thanks Skiingfrog, Maybe I shoud put out a reward, A few drinks with Pancho and us, if you are still there on the 25th, Hope you have a great getaway...it's getting hard waiting, want to be in the warm sun. Thanks again.

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Vendors

Good luck finding your Silver Pancho and I think you have a good chance since many of the those vendors have been there forever. I know one in front of the Playa who is known as "Abuelo" becasue he's been hocking watersports at Playa Mazatlan since the early 80's.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,443 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Vendors

Perhaps if you told us which beach resort he hangs around each day...

Lacombe, AB,
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Vendors

Mazexp,

Pancho's daily routine starts at the Holiday Inn in the a.m. and heads north up to PB, then makes his way back to the Castilla in the afternoon. I believe he goes south past the Costa D'Oro (sp?) He then is back at the Castilla for tacos at a little stand at the north end of the Castilla / Moro, at around 4:00p.m.

If anyone happens to come across Pancho, We were looking to bring some treasures for him and and his family, He had told us the age of his children but we have forgotten, due too bad memory, and maybe too much sun when we were last down there. If you could ask him the ages of his kids and thier gender, When Pancho say "he is" it sounds like "She's" So we have been disscusing thier gender/age and can't remember. He does have three kids, two younger ones and one close to a being teenager I believe.

Thanks again everyone, enjoy your getaway.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
743 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Vendors

will be in mzt still march 29th...so if I find him before you head down I'll let you know :)

regina,sask.
Level Contributor
86 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Vendors

we are staying at the el cid castilla starting mar 15 so I will keep my eyes open

minnesota
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach Vendors

just bought a place at Quintas del mar leaving for maz in the morning will keep my eye open for poncho

Lacombe, AB,
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach Vendors

Carguy50 Have a great trip, thanks for keeping an eye out for Pancho