We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May countdown has begun.

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,045 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
May countdown has begun.

Just got home from the Dominican Republic & are beginning the count down at 45 days until our trip to Maz. May 2nd

Plan on putting a U.S. 1 dollar bill in the sock each day & a five dollar bill in every 5th day for tipping the locals ( just in case we run out of pesos)

We will be checking out the old haunts & looking for new ones.

We're traveling with 3 (possibly 4) other couples, we will be staying at Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay the first week then Playa Escondido the next 3 nights since a week just isn't enough time in Maz.

Anyone else gonne be there in May?

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,045 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May countdown has begun.

44 days,

Just booked a flight & another room at P.P.E.B. for friends.

Get ready Maz, the party will be starting soon.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,045 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: May countdown has begun.

Just put the fins, snorkle & mask away from our trip to the D.R.

There is no sence in taking them to Maz. since in the 10 years we have been going there we have not had enough good snorkling to worry about schlepping them that far.

42 days now.

Edited: 02 May 2010, 12:33
Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,045 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: May countdown has begun.

Started doing some reorganising last night, took the long pants & polo shirts out of the suitcase since there is no place in Maz. that I plan on going that I need to "dress" for in order to get in.

Different story in Dom. Rep. we had to play "dress up" for at least 3 of the restraunts we ate at.

Some pretty stuffy folks there, they eactually looked at me funny when I chugged the glass of wine the funny little guy with white gloves brought before dinner.

39 days & counting

Edited: 02 May 2010, 12:33
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
343 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: May countdown has begun.

Birdman I still have 76 days. I envy you!

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,045 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: May countdown has begun.

39 days left,

My wife continues to invite friends & family to what was supposed to be a small gathering of our best friends in Maz to celebrate our 40th anniversary.

We're now up to 6 couples I can not imagine trying to get 6 women ready & to the shuttle at PBEB on time.

Like herding cats I would think.

On the lighter side I have been working up our fav. restraunt list & getting a panga lined up for the 4 fishermen in our group, guess the other two men will be religated to holding our places at the bar.

Yukon, OK
Level Contributor
181 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: May countdown has begun.

What restaurants are you planning on visiting? And are you going to be doing any timeshare presentations? I love reading about your adventures!!

Have a great trip and happy anniversary!!!!!! (Congratulations, by the way, 40 years is quit an accomplishment!!!)

SWUSA
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: May countdown has begun.

"And are you going to be doing any timeshare presentations?" LOL

Does Mazatlan have sunsets, is a can of Pacifico best cold? ;)

Happy 40th!

Edited: 25 March 2010, 16:43
Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,045 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: May countdown has begun.

The little lady says NO timeshares this trip, kinda breaks my heart to know that all that $$$ is available & nobody to grab it up.

We will probably end up doing the Pueblo Bonito " owners breakfast " it's quick, easy, & I like to help out the girls there (mini sharks) they make a few extra $$ & we get some food / drink certs to use while at the resort.

Restraunts; Paunchos will be top of the list we haven't been to El Capitan near the Marins since they moved so will probably try that, Los Arcos is another we have never tried & is on the list Casa Country according to the wife is a must. I will not however, "dress" for dinner. If I can't get in the door with flip flops & a tank top so be it, I like tacos & they can pick me up at that stand down past the Dairy Queen after they have had their dinner.

Looks like to old haunts will be taking a back seat to some new attractions but I am sure we be seen at the original Munckins (across the street from P.B. Maz.) Lulu Arie, Jungle Juice, Gringo Lingo & the many others we have grown to like over the years.

40 years is an accomplishment & I have to tell you it has been an uphill battle all the way. LOL

We'l have to use the red trucks to move around the area so if you see a bunch of folks dancin & carryin on like it's 1999 it may just be us northerners.

Edited: 26 March 2010, 00:20
9. Re: May countdown has begun.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 March 2010, 20:35
Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,045 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: May countdown has begun.

35 days & counting,

I took the long sleeved shirt & long jeans I usually need for our trips in Jan. or Feb. out of the suitcase, added Twisted Mamas to the list of restraunts we want to try, checked & made sure our flights were changed again (3rd time since I booked the original flight last Nov.) made sure that we would have no problem with the 4 rooms we have booked at P.B.E.B.

Yep looks like things are coming together quite well.

Not excited yet but expect to be any day now.