We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in late October

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in late October

What is the norm for this time of the year?

Is it still a good time for the beach?

Thanks,

Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in late October

To find weather info for the past ten years go to Wunderground. Enter mzt for airport code.

wunderground.com/cgi-bin/…

Beneath the satellite image click on trip planner. Enter the dates you are interested in. You will receive a ten year history of anything you want to know about weather.

Edited: 26 March 2010, 18:38
SWUSA
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in late October

Usually pretty hot and humid still, humidity usually breaks mid-Nov +/-. Might push 90 daytime, 70s nights on average. Beach? The best place to go, like "in the water"! Or the pool. Beautiful though, with greenery all over the islands from summer rains. Great time IMHO.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in late October

Thanks, looks like a perfect time to go.

Edited: 26 March 2010, 18:51
Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in late October

That's when I go every year Judy and the weather is plenty hot for all the outdoor enjoyment. We usually get some rain at night but out of two weeks it's usually a couple of days of rain. Last year Tropical Storm Rick hit the third day I was there but it only stopped the water sports for a day and a half. I love going that time of year.

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in late October

I've always thought the humidity by late October is noticably less then even just a couple of weeks earlier. mexinusa is right that's right after the normal time humidity starts to lessen. However I was there the last week of October in 2009 and it hadn't broken yet....probably due to the El Nino conditions.

The locals said it wasn't until after Hurrican Rick that things cooled down to normal. In any case October is usually a great month for beach activities since the both the air and water are still warm.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,878 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in late October

In my opinion May and Oct. are the BEST months in Mazatlan. In May it hasn't started heating up yet. In Oct. is is cooling. To me, my favorite times in Mazatlan!

Mentioned in this post
Mazatlan
Mazatlan
Sinaloa, Mexico
washington
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in late October

a little warm , but nice. the rains, have tappered off . the best part of that time of year, their are no crowds. we always go down in late nov. a great time of year, a little less humidity. if you to early you will find some shops that are seaonal, are not open yet. have a great time

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,638 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in late October

You'll love it in October. My favorite month. Hot during the day and cools off a bit at night for perfect convertible weather--Right, Roger?

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in late October

Thanks everyone, will be back in late October.

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in late October

I may see you there Judy!