We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozy, romantic restaurant?

Seattle, WA
3 posts
Save Topic
Cozy, romantic restaurant?

Looking for a cozy, romantic restaurant with authentic Mexican food and a great view to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday and our anniversary, which happen to be on the same day! Any suggestions?

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
253 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozy, romantic restaurant?

I recommend Topolo Habeneros which is in Centro, just a block away from Plaza Machado. They have a great wine selection and a very nice atomosphere. 629 Avenue Constitucion. If you have time before, enjoy the sunset at the Rooftop Bar at Hotel Freeman, a short walk away in Olas Altos.

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,774 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozy, romantic restaurant?

I second your recommendations for a romantic evening, absolutely, and since we are on a spelling correction kick lately, not wanting to feel left out, here is my contribution. The proper spelling is Olas AltAs. :-)

Ontario
Level Contributor
3,011 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozy, romantic restaurant?

LOL! Must be all the macho types on here?

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozy, romantic restaurant?

We went to Tupelo/Topelo for our anniversary 2 years ago. They put a path of red rose petals on the ground leading to our table. It was fantastic and I'll never forget it.

There isn't a view but believe me.....in that restaurant you don't need a view.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,553 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozy, romantic restaurant?

Topolos is a nice restaurant and great food, but for a drop dead atmosphere and fantastic view its Sheiks in Valentinos. Watch the sunset, then the beautiful harbor lights along the malecon with the waves lapping at the beach. The food is good as well.

6. Re: Cozy, romantic restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 March 2010, 23:35
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
253 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cozy, romantic restaurant?

I forgot to mention, if you want to go to Topolo's on a Friday or Saturday night, be sure to make reservations in advance. Also, after dinner, take a stroll through the nearby Plaza Machado.

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,200 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cozy, romantic restaurant?

Consider Cilantro's at the Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan. It is on the sand, and the windows open up etc..

Regina Sask Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cozy, romantic restaurant?

Good idea about the Shiek but it is only open for breakfast. We tried to book for an evening meal, back in Feb, like we have in the past so it was a big disappointment not to have supper there. They told us that they reserve for banquets etc for the evening. If it has changed please let everyone know. As you said, it is a wonderful place with good food and a fantistic view.

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cozy, romantic restaurant?

Continuing on with our much enjoyed spelling bee and English grammar forum mentality. There may a Topelo restaurant in Tueplo, Mississippi. However there is neither a Tupelo nor a Topelo restaurant in Mazatlan.

There is however the very romatic Topolo Restaurante. Here's a website for you with pictures that display the intimate setting nicely:

http://habanerosmazatlan.com/

Also a story from the New York Times about the Centro Historico area. It's very complimentary of Mazatlan's decision not to forget old things sometimes become the new thing....and it mentions Topolo:

…nytimes.com/2009/…25journeys.html

Edited: 01 April 2010, 14:30