We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 More Days

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
118 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
2 More Days

Just wanted to drop a line and tell everyone thank you so much for putting up with all my crazy questions and being so informative. Also, to all the people that sent me private messages, that was great to hear from you guys. I am heading to Edmonton and going to hop on a plane for Mazatlan. Can't wait. I will let you all know how it went when I get back.

Thanks so much

saskatoon...
Level Contributor
97 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 More Days

Woo Hoo! Have a great time and we'll be waiting to hear from you later!!

Tuktoyaktuk, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 More Days

We would also like to thank everyone on the forum for all of the great information. We didn't ask any questions, but read all the posts faithfully. Thanks to Roblin 14 for asking all of the questions that we would have asked. We also leave for Mazatlan on Friday. See you at the airport Roblin!!

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 More Days

thats awesome where are you staying?

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,579 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 More Days

Great. Have a safe trip. And don't be too surprised by the crowds that you will see on the beaches and during the evenings. It should thin out on Easter, Sunday. But then the motorcycle people start arriving at the beginning of next week. Some nice bikes--and nice people.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
778 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 More Days

have a great trip....can't wait for trip report :)

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 More Days

Enjoy your vacation and I look forward to hearing how it went!

St. Louis
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 More Days

motorcycle people???? Please explain. We get there on Tuesday.

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 More Days

cardswin there has been a morotcycle get together in Mazatlan for years down on the Malacon the week after Easter Sunday. In fact next week is the 15th Anniversary. No not THOSE kind of motorcycle people...it's very peaceful. ;^)

Here's is the official website:

semanainternacionaldelamoto.com/english/inde…

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 More Days

Roblin I seem to recall you're staying at El Cid. Be a little cautious if you're planning to swim in the ocean. The waves are expected to be much more active than usual for this time of year. In addition they're originating very far away so the space between waves can be long, and you can have very long lulls that will deceive you into thinking the ocean is much calmer than it really is.

There is a place called Aqua Sports on the far south corner of the El Cid Castilla (to your left as you're looking at the ocean). They have jet skis, parasailing, etc., and keep tabs on ocean conditions. This wave event should be toward the end of your visit, and the guys at Aqua Sports can keep you informed on the expected arrival time.

Edited: 05 April 2010, 01:23
Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,579 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 More Days

Moto week starts on Wednesday and the Hqs has been the big parking lot next to Sharp Hospital. the moto guys come from all over the country and there are some really unique and expensive bikes/trikes. they usually have a parade on Camaon Sabalo in the Golden Zone--I think on Saturday. They also have some other moto related activities during the week. The participants stay in hotels all over the city so no matter where you are you will generally see them. they are well behaved, but the bikes are noisy.