We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Semana Santa 2010

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Semana Santa 2010

Lots of people arrived in Mazatlan to celebrate the holidays, and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. The city was hopping for a few days (& nights!). Pictures speak louder than words:

www.noroeste.com.mx/ver_fotos.php…

Edited: 06 April 2010, 05:40
Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,045 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Semana Santa 2010

As it stands today we will probably be on the sidelines watching the festivities next year.

Glad to see my friends in Mazatlan got a little economic boost out of the holiday.

Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Semana Santa 2010

I spent the day on Stone Island, it was packed. Not a single table left at Lety's, and the staff ran all day long to keep up with customers orders. Food was excellent, reasonalbe, and service was outstanding. We rented an ATV and took a ride down the beach, great experience, highly recommended.

Bill

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Semana Santa 2010

I walked the beach today and then the street in the Golden Zone. There are still a lot of Mexican tourists here as school is out for one more week. The Moto guys will start arriving tonight and Wednesday.

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,322 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Semana Santa 2010

WOW ... That's ALOT of people on the beach!!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
747 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Semana Santa 2010

wow crazy crowds...not sure if I would of enjoyed all those people...however glad that mzt made some money from all those people...I left march 28th and miss it all, darn :)

Ontario
Level Contributor
2,999 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Semana Santa 2010

I really hope that this signals a greater comfort level among locals and Mexicans, following the disastrous attendances during Carnaval?

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Semana Santa 2010

We arrived Good Friday, it was very busy but a very festive atmosphere. Loved it. Bands playing on the beach, everyone so happy and enjoying themselves. Would definately go back at this time of year. It was only super busy on the beaches from about 3 in the afternoon until about 10 at night the friday and the saturday. Sunday and the rest of the week wasn't too bad. Loved the International Moto week. Beautiful bikes there.

8. Re: Semana Santa 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2010, 05:17