We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mazatlan good choice for 20-somethings?

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sk,canada
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mazatlan good choice for 20-somethings?

This year in Feb we went to Puerto Vallarta and LOVED it! Quite a few good bars/clubs too, also pretty safe, nice beach, etc. Would Mazatlan provide a similar experience?

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mazatlan good choice for 20-somethings?

You can't miss here in Mazatlan, because our city is bigger and we have way more 20-somethings living here than in PVR. You will never want to go back to PVR after seeing our miles and miles of great beaches. And Mazatlecos rock.

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mazatlan good choice for 20-somethings?

In Maz it's half the money and twice the fun!

saskatoon...
Level Contributor
97 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mazatlan good choice for 20-somethings?

First time I went to Mazatlan I was 17... just got back from my 4th trip (25 years later) and the place is always getting better! There are alot of fun places to eat and drink at (lots of 2 for 1 specials) and everything is priced very reasonably. The people are super-friendly, especially if you try a little spanish, and I have always felt very safe. The beaches are nice and the food is great. Transportation is easy and cheap. I prefer Maz to P.V. anyday. Go and have a great time!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mazatlan good choice for 20-somethings?

To answer any question like this is extremely subjective. I love them both, as well as many other Mexican coastal resort areas. My personal opinion would be PVR is more of a party town, but the drinks are cheaper and the food is better in MZT. If you're looking to party, though, Acapulco is the place in Mexico, even beating out Cancun in my opinion.

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mazatlan good choice for 20-somethings?

Mazatlan IMO is a very nice mix. You can find the parties, and also have a nice quiet stroll on the malecon or shop in the old market area. As I get older I prefer more quiet do-nothing places (Ixtapa) and actually didn't like my last trip to cancun much. The hotel was awesome but it was hard to find good mexican food. I havent been back to PV in years as i got deathly ill on my last trip right after I got home. Give maz a try. If cash is tight stay at the Azteca Inn, if you are flush maybe the Playa Mazatlan for location would be a good choice.

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mazatlan good choice for 20-somethings?

Great food, reasonably priced booze and beautiful women everywhere! How's that sound?

Edited: 04 May 2010, 18:42
California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mazatlan good choice for 20-somethings?

Once a year we travel with extended family, including 20 and 21 year old year old girls. They absolutely love the place!

Winnipeg, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Mazatlan good choice for 20-somethings?

I was down in Maz in April, it was awesome. It is a great party place from Senior Frogs connected to the El Cid Beach Resort (id recommend staying there) to Bora Bora and Sumbawa and Joe's. Cheap all you can drink and tons of people. Planning a trip for next year to go back, just want to find out when the college spring breaks are because Maz is supposed to be an up and coming place for the USA spring breakers. If anyone knows the "prime" time to go let me know. I heard it was late Feb to mid March?

9. Re: Mazatlan good choice for 20-somethings?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2010, 04:18