We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stone Island - Can things get any more boring??

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,066 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Stone Island - Can things get any more boring??

As many here know if they have read many of my posts I am bored with Stone Island but being out voted I did get us lined up to go over for a day & today is the day.

Not alot to report about it except of the 50-60 people on our boat there are only 8 other gringos-- a group of college kids from Canada, Two newlyweds from Oregon, congrats to them, & a couple from Ca. that are totally out of their element.

Out around turtle rock for a look at the sea lions then back to sit & talk to the same vendors I have talked to the last 4-5 trips to Stone Island.

Toured the "city" went out on the banana boat had some drinks & it was back to P.B.E.B.

We went to Los Zarapes for dinner it was okay but had to put the run on "Johny" our "host" I have had to put up with him before & didn't feel like listening to his B.S. so told him if we need help finding a timeshare presentation we will look him up.

There was a young girl there that sang a couple songs WOW she should be on American Idol instead of MIke. It takes alot to impress me & I was definatly impressed.

Finished dinner & went to Gus Gus not much there so on to Jungle Juice where we had a couple drinks, a dance or two & headed back to catch the last shuttle to E.B.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,752 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stone Island - Can things get any more boring??

Thanks for the read.

I'll bet if Jungle Juice were on Stone Island, it may have more interest for you!

That's too bad about Los Zarapes having the timeshare "insider" there. One of the few places I've always wanted to try but never have. Now I'm leaning against it.

Thanks again.

usa
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Stone Island - Can things get any more boring??

Hi birdman, thank you for your postings. I’m glad you got to spend your 40th in Mazatlan. I don’t know how you can get away with waiting until the last day, (to purchase the gift), it would blow up on me, but it worked for you. It’s especially nice you got to be with friends at this special time, congratulations and continue to have a great time on your trip.

Even though I love it, I can see where you probably will never love “stone Island”, I could be wrong, but I think you like to “do” things, not sit and let the world go by, you like to be involved in life. I hate to use the term, but like a businessperson, you like to keep your mind and self busy. I truly enjoy your post about your travels in Mazatlan. Thanks, Mr. 2Day

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,553 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stone Island - Can things get any more boring??

I have to say that I can't understand how someone that brags on this site about the amount of "coins" you get from attending numerous time share presentations would complain about a timeshare salesman. Careful Birdman you may get what you ask for. :-)

BC Okanagan
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stone Island - Can things get any more boring??

I think you are probably right mister2day, everyone has their own idea of a perfect vacation. For me, a beach with hardly anyone on it is the best there is. For others, the action of the GZ is what makes their day more interesting.

We had planned to go to Stone Island this last trip, but never actually got there! The beach we stay on is so quiet that when we wanted a day like that...we just stayed "home" LOL!

Birdman, were there many places still open on the Island? I had been told that lots of it was already closed due to it being quite slow in late April.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,066 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stone Island - Can things get any more boring??

I like quiet beaches but can get that at Playa Bruja or just about anyplace north of the golden zone.

I don't necessarily like the golden zone but that is where things are happening most often so I do seem spend a little too much time there.

For many it is "the" place to be but I just have'nt found anything to draw me to Stone Island. Sitting is not my strong suit.

As far as the OCs at the restrauints I don't mind being approached by them but this guy sits down, acts like he's part of the group & just iritates me in general ,pushy little ------.

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stone Island - Can things get any more boring??

Birdman,

I don't like Stone Island either, but I DO like the sea lions on the way over. The boat ride is good also but that's about it, in my opinion. I like to be where the action is....on a busy beach packed with vendors for ease of shopping for silver jewellery and everything else I think I need but don't.

I must say though that the last time I went to Stone Island was about ten years ago, so maybe it's more fun than it was then.

Thanks for the report on Las Zarapes. I won't bother going there.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
999 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stone Island - Can things get any more boring??

We went to Los Zarapes twice in April... neither time was there a timeshare agent present. Maybe we got lucky - but the food was good (love the tableside salsa) and the Mango margarita was the best I've had.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,752 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stone Island - Can things get any more boring??

Now it's back on! I do like those mango margaritas sometimes.

vancouver island
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Stone Island - Can things get any more boring??

Nothing has closed on Stone Island mama40. As a matter of fact the new hotel on the beach has opened.Still the best beach around .imho.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,066 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stone Island - Can things get any more boring??

The ladies loved the mango margaritas, the singer I mentioned, & some of the food.

Johny our personal assistant---- not so much.

As I said, we had a run in with him before so were'nt happy to see him again.

Would I recomend the place? Yes I would, but I won't go back.

Just the way I role

Edited: 18 May 2010, 17:16
Get answers to your questions about Mazatlan