We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids and parasailing

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southern Oregon
Level Contributor
190 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Kids and parasailing

Any idea the age requirement for parasailing off of PB Maz? Height requirement?

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
946 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids and parasailing

I'm not sure of a height requirement, but they do tandem flights. Perhaps the kids can go with an adult.

2. Re: Kids and parasailing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2010, 00:39
Edited: 08 June 2010, 00:39
3. Re: Kids and parasailing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2010, 00:39
Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids and parasailing

I have a friend I met when I moved here over 20 years ago who does para-sailing on the beach right next to the El Quixote Inn. (Tony Banana) and he has taken up people from 5 to 95 over the years. A lot depends on the wind conditions. On light wind days, us big boys have to wait. On heavy wind days I have seen them have to jump up and grab the ankles of thin teenage girls and pull them down!. For Tony, safety is first. If someone is to small to do it safely, they can go with mom or dad in a special harness. Many times he sends them up with one of his guys in a tandem harness. I saw him take up a lady who wanted to go badly but had just had a back surgery. Since wind conditions were favorable for her size they took her. He has spacial hand signals he gives to the boat driver on how to do the approach to make a landing 'extra gentle'. I don't know about all of them, but he won't take someone if it is not VERY safe.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kids and parasailing

Tony Banana sounds like the guy to go with.

I have seen 3 accidents in 11 years & do not spend alot of time looking into the sky at parasailors, so know whos hands you are putting your kids safety into.

Mn
Level Contributor
107 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kids and parasailing

Nore sure of the requirements. However, took my 12 year old parasailing 2 years ago in PV, and it does depend on the wind conditions. Some days the guys wouldn't even take me up (weight about 120 lbs). On a calm day, they took him (probably about 80 lbs at the time). Smaller kids, I would suggest a tandem jump if you can find it.

Amarillo, TX
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kids and parasailing

Our son started parasailing when he was 9. He has done it with us and also alone. He is now 13. He loves it.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,469 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kids and parasailing

Many times, while walking the beach, I have seen one of the workers take a small child up in tandem.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
366 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kids and parasailing

Remember that there is no Mexican Board of Parasailing Safety. I once read here where a tripadvisor poster was concerned about safety and asked the parasailing operator what do they do when the rope breaks. The response was "Buy a new rope." I'll just leave it at that.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kids and parasailing

Good idea jeepman, kinda where I left it too.

Edited: 08 June 2010, 18:59