We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is Your Favorite Place to Stay in Mazatlan and Why?

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where is Your Favorite Place to Stay in Mazatlan and Why?

The forum seems to be stuck in a loop lately (ya think??), so let's express ourselves positively instead of negatively! Whether you've been to Maz once or twenty times, what do you like about the hotels you've stayed at? No negative comments allowed!!

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is Your Favorite Place to Stay in Mazatlan and Why?

I like to stay at the El Cid Moro becasue it iscentrally located in the Golden Zone, I get some great deals and the 1 bedroom suite is a very comfortable room with spectacular views of town and the beach. I like the Pueblo Bonito too but the money I save at El Cid in comparison pays for quite a bit of fishing.

San Marcos, Texas
Level Contributor
340 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is Your Favorite Place to Stay in Mazatlan and Why?

We have stayed at Costa de Oro, Pueblo Bonita Maz, The Riu and the Inn at Maz. We liked them all. Service is great at all, staff at all are warm, welcoming and wonderful. The Rui was just too far out of the way for us and we got bored with the AI (luckily it was only for 3 nights). We love the Inn. For us it is home. Can't wait for our 2 weeks in November over Thanksgiving!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is Your Favorite Place to Stay in Mazatlan and Why?

After many a trip to Mazatlan and 15 years of the GZ I now choose to stay at the Aguamarina, its about the midwaypoint of old town and GZ. It is an old hotel , but no sharks ever, rooms clean always, pool clean and a huge area for the little ones away from the big ones. THe price is good and not too many tourists, mostly locals. I love it for that reason, no judging and embarrassng moments for me. I have always had the best of care there and all the staff has gone out of their way for me.I have the beach and the malecon to myself and can do what i want and a variety of restaurants to choose from, either way.

Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is Your Favorite Place to Stay in Mazatlan and Why?

We hear very little about that hotel.

Good info Gonz!

I will have to look over the place a little more closely.

It could fit the bill for us.

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is Your Favorite Place to Stay in Mazatlan and Why?

Very interesting report gonz, I vaguely remember seeing the name but can't place the location. Sounds like a great place for young couple on a budget, and Mazatlan is a hidden gem for young families and more of them should be coming. Where exactly is the Aquamarina, and can you give us an idea of sample room prices?

Thanks.

Edited: 12 July 2010, 04:45
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
705 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is Your Favorite Place to Stay in Mazatlan and Why?

Hello

I have stayed at El Cid castile, the inn, Hotel Playa, and Costa de Oro. my favorite hotel is Costa de Oro. in fact in 233 days i will be staying there again.

mark

Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is Your Favorite Place to Stay in Mazatlan and Why?

If this copies correctly it should zoom in on the Aguamarina.

wikimapia.org/…8

Ontario
Level Contributor
2,999 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where is Your Favorite Place to Stay in Mazatlan and Why?

Of course you could simply look at the hotel listings on this site - travel site remember? - and get a clue or two about the place! But then that wouldn't be as exciting as seeing your name in print, would it....lol

Gville SC
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where is Your Favorite Place to Stay in Mazatlan and Why?

Here's the Google street view:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=s&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Greenville,+South+Carolina+29605&ll=23.218591,-106.422286&spn=0,0.052185&z=15&layer=c&cbll=23.218804,-106.422372&panoid=qSSeWRFxZeRfQBs6A8dkLw&cbp=12,13.51,,0,1.45

Edited: 12 July 2010, 13:57
Gville SC
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where is Your Favorite Place to Stay in Mazatlan and Why?

OK, for some reason it's not posting as a link but you can copy the link text into your browser's address bar and it will take you there. :>(

Link: <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=s&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Greenville,+South+Carolina+29605&layer=c&cbll=23.218804,-106.422372&panoid=qSSeWRFxZeRfQBs6A8dkLw&cbp=12,13.51,,0,1.45&ll=23.230896,-106.422286&spn=0,0.052185&z=15>

Edited: 12 July 2010, 14:05