We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms at PBEB

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Topic
Rooms at PBEB

We will be booking a last call vacation with RCI at PBEB and would like some advice on the choice of rooms.We have the choice of a studio and a larger room they call a 1 bedroom.Price is almost the same.Any thoughts appreciated.

Seattle
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms at PBEB

We were just there in June, I am so jealous, you will LOVE it! I'm ready to go back :)

Anyway, we decided to go with the Jr. Suite because it had a balcony. I don't think most of the 1 bedrooms have an actual balcony, but I could be wrong. It did appear that they might in some of the newer buildings (18 and 19). We were in building 17 because we wanted to be close to the pool for our kids. There were 4 of us in the Jr. suite and it worked out just fine :) Either way, you really can't go wrong, but I know I really enjoyed that balcony - it was almost like having an additional room.

Have a great trip!

Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms at PBEB

All Jr. Suites have a balcony, 1-bedrooms have 2 bathrooms, one with a tub.

MANY 1-bedrooms have balconies. Just have to ask and you should get one. I saw all choices last year and now there are even more buildings and you will LOVE Emarald Bay!!!!!

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
364 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms at PBEB

Best buildings are 18 - 19. Just past the pool but only the ocean in front of you. I also like the buildings close to the lobby. They have more vegetation and more iguanas too. As the previous posters have said, all Jr. Suites have a balcony. The other advantage of a Jr. Suite is that the beds are in the main room and you can sleep with the sounds of the ocean. Can't do that in a 1 bedroom. There are actually few 1-bedrooms that have balconies. If it is just two people, I like the Jr. Suites. Plenty of room. If you get a Jr. Suite the corners are nice as you get an extra balcony on the side. If it is more than just two people, I would consider the 1 bedroom. Four people fit much better in a 1-bedroom. If you are lucky enough to get a 1-bedroom with balcony you will be happy too. One more item, choose an upper floor for best views and also because the walls and floors are a little thin. You could hear your neighbors walking above you on the lower floors.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,291 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms at PBEB

Upper floor of 18 or 19. We enjoy the balcony and if only 2 of you the jr suite is fine. If a nice night you can open the balcony doors aand enjoy the sounds. In 1Bedroom you can't since bedroom is in front away from ocen view.

discovery bay, CA
Level Contributor
137 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms at PBEB

We have a 1 bedroom @ PBM, but have a Junior Suite @ PBEB and I like it better because you have a view from bed, otherwise the 1 bedrooms have no view at all. I like the new bldgs out by the new pool & restaurant, either the 2 or 4 story bldgs. Last Oct we got a room on the 2nd floor of the last 2 story bldg, it was great !!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,291 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooms at PBEB

I had forgotten about the 2 story units by the new pool. They too, are pretty nicely located. Thry for upper floor here. as well as 18 and 19.

7. Re: Rooms at PBEB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2011, 06:16