We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June 2010...need advice

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
160 posts
3 reviews
June 2010...need advice

I am planning my triumphant return trip to Mazatlan for late June 2010. This time we will be bringing our 1-yr old son and various family members. How necessary is a car seat? He will be a lap child on the plane (2.5 hr flight- layover -2 hour flight) but I want to know if there is a use for the carseat besides the ride to/from the airport. Thanks

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
31 reviews
1. Re: June 2010...need advice

If you are planing for June 2010 you are LATE! I think you meant 2011? A car seat is a fine thing, but won't work in most Pulmonias and many taxi cabs. BUT, you can still strap the little bugger in and put him between 2 adults when he nods out, plus around the pool and on the beach, so that may come in handy for more than just riding around.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
160 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: June 2010...need advice

Sorry, it's Monday morning, cut me some slack. Yeah, the car seat has a steel frame and is very heavy (Radian XT) so I'm not trying to bring it if I don't have to (once he turns 2 I'll need it on the flight though).

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: June 2010...need advice

if that is the case, heavy etc.. leave the carseat, but, bring the stoller. You can take it all the way to the gate and they will have it for you, upon arrival. Stroller was good for "lockdown moments" lol

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: June 2010...need advice

There are seat belt laws although they seem to be pretty lax with enforcing them. So if you are asking if it is the law for motor transportation I would venture a guess and say leave the car seat at home and I'm sure that you will not have any issues.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
366 posts
68 reviews
5. Re: June 2010...need advice

An inexpensive umbrella stroller will prove to be the best thing you could bring. Not sure how I did any vacation with my little ones without it.

6. Re: June 2010...need advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2011, 09:06