We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marina & Villas Coral

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Marina & Villas Coral

We purchased 4 weeks in 2007/8. Stayed the following year. Very good. Company had sold half of development to new company Isla Marina Golden. Original company still owned Villas on main street and had built new condos. Deal with Playa Maria stopped as Playa had sol to new owner. Trouble with Isla Golden as an owner who had bought a villa could not get it completed. Met new owners of Golden and they were getting great deals with free extra weeks. In 2009 found our Time share now belonged to the grand Bay. Asked if my membership was still valid and the said yes. Asked how much the membership was for 2009. They informed me $820.40 including tax. Sent of fee but did not use the four weeks. Sent off for the 2010 fee and had no answer. Found all the scam reports on trip advisor. Looks goodby to our resort. Do I still own real estate as I bought fractional ownership?

Denver, Colorado
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Marina & Villas Coral

I recently purchased in November weeks at Marina del Sol Grand on La Isla. I believe it is under Grand Bay Resorts. Marina del Sol Grand shares with Isla Mazatlan. Is Marina & Villas Coral the same as Isla Mazatlan? I hope your situation has resolved satisfactorily.

2. Re: Marina & Villas Coral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2011, 10:02
Denver, Colorado
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Marina & Villas Coral

falconroger- do you have any constructive advice?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Marina & Villas Coral

The answer to that would be "Yes", in fact much constructive input regarding places like Isla Mazatlan and associated "properties" that apparently continue to sell even though they change names every few months or so. It's all been quite well documented around here as "questionable", to be more than fair about it. That Island has sprouted far more tales of woe and hard feelings than it has residences and happy "owners". I understand just "visiting" can be cause for major stress. Good luck just the same to all involved, and not just there.

Denver, Colorado
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Marina & Villas Coral

Thanks surfnturfn...do you know if people who buy into these questionable timeshares ever get to stay there.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Marina & Villas Coral

It happens, like out at La Jolla. I've read of folks who stayed there and liked it, others who said they couldn't get in. Still others had some "interesting" reports to share. Not being personally involved it is tough to say, and it's not possible to believe everything I read either. But there are unhappy people out there who dealt with various "developments"; nothing new, and I think that is one particular poster's point. How many times have we heard "buyer beware"; the warnings have been clear for a good long time whether real or not. I do know what the consensus (of many at least, maybe not most) of opinion looks to be.

Then again there are lots of completed resorts that have never been considered off base at all apparently. Big, beautiful places at that, most of which have sold well to happy owners/investors throughout construction phases even.

For much of what I've written, I'll be told I'm being too nice I'm sure. :)

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marina & Villas Coral

pdblume......"falconroger- do you have any constructive advice?" Nope.

You (and they) asked a question and got an honest answer. Sorry if it is not the answer you were hoping for, but AFTER the fact, there is not much constructive advice to be given. BEFORE the fact my advice would have been 'Check the place out thoroughly BEFORE you sign anything. Ask around about their reputation. Look on the Internet. Put Senior GOOGLE to work!'

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marina & Villas Coral

How many of the readers out there would walk into a new subdivision, look at a foundation & hand the developer his / her credit card & say "based on your promises & my relationship with you, max it out, I'll be back next year to move in"?

This is basically what has happened at La Jolla, Torrenzo, Grand Bay (or whatever it is being called this week) & several other "fractional ownership" developments in Mazatlan.

Again I will warn anyone thinking of buying at these places "if it sounds too good to be true--- it probably is"

9. Re: Marina & Villas Coral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2011, 06:19