We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

torrenza

Columbus, Ohio
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
torrenza

is torrenza still scamming people with their promises? Have they built anything yet?

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: torrenza

still scamming, nothing built.

Victoria, Canada
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: torrenza

They do have the little hotel north of the Marina, but in all the offers I've had from the time share mosquitos no one has offered Terrenza. I think they must be on the shelf for a while. They certainly were the bad boys last year.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: torrenza

Torreza may be just a bad memory but the sales crew that was working there is still working in Mazatlan somewhere.

Remember the old addage "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is"

If you are going to do a timeshare presentation use common sence & think about all the happy folks that bought their timeshares on the resale market for pennies on the dollar of what they are asking you to pay while sitting with them.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,581 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: torrenza

Even better....JUST DON'T GO. I know, it is free money for some. But every time you go, you perpetuate the problem.

I know, "I'm not the problem. They do it and I just take advantage of it." but if you go, you are indeed part of the problem. Just like people who 'smoke the occasional joint' in the US don't feel they are connected with the horrific violence that goes on here. But indeed, they are part of the problem. Just because you are way down the line from the Narcos here if you do it, you are involved. Just stop going!

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: torrenza

Boy, isn't that so true Roger. It is really frustrating to see day after day folks talking and inquiring about where to get the best gifts...sheesh, enjoy your holiday instead of scrounging around for something perceived as free. It's like some whacked out cottage industry. Like Roger says, please don't deal with these people and slowly they will fade away.

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: torrenza

They won't fade away. They are firmly entrenched into the economy of Mexico ( in the tourist areas ) and the money that some people get from looking at a resort is usually spent in Mazatlan. It's highly unlikely that the people take the money home with them.

Roger,

In most of your posts you insist that Mazatlan is very safe which I agree with. In your post above however you state * don't feel that they are connected with the horrific violence that goes on here*

That doesn't sound very tourism friendly and I think you should decide one way or another what you want people to believe. Just a friendly suggestion.

Ontario
Level Contributor
3,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: torrenza

I'm sure Roger will chime in if he feels he has to, but most of us readers will appreciate that he was speaking in generalities about the violence in Mexico during the "war on drugs", and not about Mazatlan in particular.

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: torrenza

Neils,

I agree that most of the readers WILL know exactly what Roger meant. I was referring to the other people that read and post very infrequently. I think I made that clear in my post when I suggested the statement wasn't very *tourism friendly*

It's made very clear on here that it's frowned upon to make sweeping statements etc.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
271 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: torrenza

Wanted to address Speedo and Falconroger point on staying away from the timeshares and they will go away. The only way you are going to get the timeshare folks to go away is to beat them at their own game. Now I want you to really think about this, if you encouraged everyone who reads trip advisor to go to a timeshare, get their money BUT don't buy, how long do you think they would be in business? Bottomline, it is the freeloaders out there that have any chance of putting these guys out of business. I am guessing those freeloaders had a big part in putting Torrenzo out. So incourage the freeloaders and discourage the buyers. Comments?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
304 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: torrenza

AGREE with Mitchell54. You can just bet the time-share upper level folks know exactly the statistics on attendees v. purchases. As long as this ratio remains productive, time share presentations will never go away.

Edited: 20 December 2010, 01:01