We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balboa Towers going away and being all reworked!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Topic
Balboa Towers going away and being all reworked!

Timeshare tours were being offered not long ago (November), gotta believe they still are. Story goes the place will become a newly reworked tower, new name and ownership, with people who buy early (pre-construction/during constructionn) will be housed to the south in the villas which supposedly will be part of the overall project. New pool, restaurant and such and they had models ready, tearing down balconies etc., and going all the way up until it's done. I won't say how I did it, for now (it's a surprise!) but I got in there for $3000 pesos, a liter (plus a smaller, 375ml bottle) of Cabrito Tequila and a liter of Kahlua. About an hour and a half later, on my way out! sale? Of course not. :) My apology, but I just don’t remember the new name of the place. I did three tours in three days, and only remember one name. More on that later but it just didn’t matter to me as I was getting funds to spread all over Maz, which I did! All of it, lol.

I thought I'd bring this up, because I hadn't heard/read anything about it here in the forum, but it always seemed to me the Tower and restaurant, etc. needed work, and boy is it getting it! Didn't foresee a complete change, though, but it's happening.

If this has been reported sorry, but it looks like it could be a nice place (kind of reminds me of the Torrenza project, lol). Anyway, LOTS of work was going on at least, would be interested in updates.

I think it's the Las Casitas next door and then the Balboa Club? Maybe all that is going to change, maybe just the villas of Casitas. I thought they were for sale years ago. Anybody else been hustled in there by the OPCs? If you go, as always be careful.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Balboa Towers going away and being all reworked!

Bump for more info. This might be a topic for "timeshares", but I know it will affect travelers if only because of the harrassment from hte OPCs. I think the new name of the place might be (supposedly?) Tramoya. maybe. Reminds me of the Torrenza junk I was gladly ineligible to mess with back when lol.

2. Re: Balboa Towers going away and being all reworked!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2011, 06:16