We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice wanted for Cerritos restaurants

Mazatlan
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Advice wanted for Cerritos restaurants

Hi All

We're currently renting a townhouse in Villa Marina and are looking for advice on any nearby restaurants. We've been out to Playa Bruja lots and have eaten at all the restaurants there but we're wondering if there's anything within walking distance of where we're staying. There's doesn't appear to be anything on a standalone basis but we're surrounded by hotels and resorts - but we're not sure if they have restaurants open to the public. It would be nice not to have to drive into the Gold Zone. So if anyone is staying at a hotel/resort in cerritos and your restaurant is open to the public I'd really appreciate a heads up.

Thx very much

Feliz Navidad

Victoria, Canada
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice wanted for Cerritos restaurants

You might check out the restaurant at the Torres resort. Not too far from you. We stopped there last year several times at happy hour after long walks. The menu looked reasonable and they had daily specials. Haven't been there yet this year,

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,811 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice wanted for Cerritos restaurants

Torres Mazatlan will definitely welcome outside visitors. They have special dinners for Christmas and New Years (by reservation) and they also do event nights like Karaoke, Beach BBQ, etc. The food is really good there, plus they have an adjoining bar facing the ocean with TV's for watching sports, etc.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,083 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice wanted for Cerritos restaurants

Try the restraunt at La Marina Yacht & Tennis Club; good food, great prices, & a wonderful family that operates it.

Also good / cheap drinks at the bar there.

Victoria, Canada
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice wanted for Cerritos restaurants

Too far to walk, but lots of parking around the Marina. Several restaurants on the waters edge including Gus Gus and Travoya(SP) same menu I believe as the sister restaurant on Machado Square. Least you don't have to deal with GZ traffic and parking headaches.

Edited: 23 December 2010, 01:23
Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,713 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice wanted for Cerritos restaurants

As stated, the restaurant at Torres Mazatlan is very good. And Lani (The food and beverage manager, and a Gringa) is also a salad fan like I am and they can make a pretty good salad. And hamburgers too! (I know, hamburgers are not a gourmet item, but for those of us who lived here when a hamburger in a good restaurant made a McDonalds regular burger seem like fine dining, a good hamburger in Mazatlan is still a treat!)

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,083 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice wanted for Cerritos restaurants

I agree with Roger, a decent hamburger in Mazatlan is hard to find, agood one next to impossible.

We eat at the Torres at least once every trip so I'll check out their hamburgers when we are there next spring.

Gr.Rapids Minnesota
Level Contributor
231 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice wanted for Cerritos restaurants

Cerritos Resort has a very nice restaurant, open to the public. Even though we stay there, and eat everywhere in Maz, sometimes just want to stay "home". They have a full menu and usually (some drinks) 2 for 1 todo dias!

Seattle Wa
Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice wanted for Cerritos restaurants

Try the Seafarer, its owned by the same people that have Pedro Lola's restaurant, Not to hard to find as its on the south end of the marina in the Costa Bonita marina condo complex across from the Tera Sands condo complex, great food and has an underfloor aquarium so you can watch the fish swim by while dining.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice wanted for Cerritos restaurants

The El Rancho had a decent restaurant; anyone been there the last year or so? Just south of the Costa Bonita Paraiso I and II. There was a fairly new place on the other side of the street somewhere up there, opened not long ago, open air casual place w/good food. Still there? can't remember the name. Torres gets my vote definitely. Just ask at the gate to visit the restaurant. Probably no prob. to walk in from the beach?

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice wanted for Cerritos restaurants

Cafe del Sol (sp??) and beside them is a restaurant that is "asian" of some sort....I cant recall the name however it is very good even though it doesnt get busy until after 9pm. Seafarer is awesome...a little pricier, but well worth it. The Torres is always good.