We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Cid marina Beach resort or The Inn at Mazatlan

wisconsin
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Topic
El Cid marina Beach resort or The Inn at Mazatlan

My husband & I will be vacationing in Mazatlan in March. Which resort is better of the 2? El Ciid Marina Beach or The Inn at mazatlan. We are bringing our 24 year old son with us. Any help will be much appreciated. Seems like the El Cid is getting better reviews, but not in town; whereas the Inn is right in town within walking distance to many things.

Mazatlan
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: El Cid marina Beach resort or The Inn at Mazatlan

Both are very nice resorts. One big difference is beach access. The Marina is in, well, a Marina and you take a small water taxi to the beach. The Inn is right on the beach. I've stayed at both & prefer the Marina, even though it is further away from the "action" of the Golden Zone. For 50 pesos or less, you can take a pulmonia anywhere within the Golden Zone.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: El Cid marina Beach resort or The Inn at Mazatlan

thanks for the reply. so even though it is farther away, you think our 24 year old will still enjoy?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: El Cid marina Beach resort or The Inn at Mazatlan

I looked around (did a tour) the Marina not long ago, looked great. It's pretty new really. They have all-day private transportation to get you down south to the other El Cids, about what,1.5 miles maybe. One thing that struck me: I saw people actually diving from a rocky area at one of the pools. A lot of places don't have that. Main point is it's not that far away from as was said, "the action". The Inn is a very nice place, too, no doubt; the beach being right there is a big plus.

Mazatlan
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: El Cid marina Beach resort or The Inn at Mazatlan

I suppose that depends on how many 20 something girls are staying at the resort during your stay :)

Seriously, the Marina isn't right in the heart of the Golden Zone, but its a pleasant walk from the hotel to the heart of the Golden Zone with lots of things to see and do along the way. He may also enjoy the Marina itself as there are lots of interesting people staying on their boats. Even with heavy traffic, it only takes 10 minutes to go from one end of the GZ to the other and the buses run quite frequently if you don't want to spend the money on taxis.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Cid marina Beach resort or The Inn at Mazatlan

We have only stayed at The Inn, but the location is great. You can walk out the front doors and head north or south and find plenty of restaurants, shopping and hotels. With that being said, we tend to head south more often, and to put that into perspective that means further away from El Cid Marina area. I love the beach access, and would not want to water shuttle over. The beach at The Inn is right by the pools...two steps and we are on the sand. Here again you can head in either direction and walk to shops and restaurants. I have twin 24 year old sons and would choose The Inn based upon location. In fact, one of them will be there in March for dental work. When in March are going to be in Mazatlan? It would be ironic if we were at the same resort!

Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: El Cid marina Beach resort or The Inn at Mazatlan

Check out the live action at the pools and beach at the Inn.

http://www.innatmazatlan.com.mx/campage.html

My vote would be for the Inn. Beach access at El Cid Marina is really inconvenient. It is also at least a couple blocks from the Marina to anything offsite.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Cid marina Beach resort or The Inn at Mazatlan

If you like crowds at the pools, on the beach, & in the resort itself certainly go to the Inn.

If you like large spacious well kept grounds book the Marina.

Free transportation to the other El Cids makes it easy to get around.

We have stayed at both & have friends who have also, the concenses of all is; If we could book the Inn for $500 per week or the Marina for $700 for the same week ----we would definatly be found at the Marina

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: El Cid marina Beach resort or The Inn at Mazatlan

You mentioned you are taking a 24 year old with you? With that being said I don't know if EL Cid Moro beach is an option but that would be the only El Cid I would stay at. We love Costa De Oro and not sure if that is an option and the Inn is right next to Costa. If it is between El Cid Marina and the Inn I would pick the Inn strictly because of location, and Senior Frogs is now located at El Cid Moro beach. Check to see if you can stay at El Cid Moro beach? Hope this helps.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,906 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: El Cid marina Beach resort or The Inn at Mazatlan

I recently stayed at El Moro at the El Cid...It is connected right to the Castilla also...and I walked out to see the Marina hotel. It is a very beautiful place, but absolutely would never stay there for my needs. You are so stranded. The convenience at either Moro or Castilla was perfect...walk to everything...crawl to some places!!! Your son would love the pool action...at the Marina Beach it appeared to be like a senior area...nothing much was happening...very quiet and peaceful...but don't think that is what he is looking for!

Check out the videos...you can see both the Marina one, as well as the Moro one...

Here is the link to the Marina Hotel...just hit on the Moro one at the top of the video where you see the number of videos...you will find the link there...

…tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-00b2-e10e-2479…

Edited: 03 January 2011, 00:35
Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: El Cid marina Beach resort or The Inn at Mazatlan

If you want to stay where your 24 year old son will be happier I suggest The Inn. It is just closer to what would interest a 24 year old man. Most notably, Sr. Frogs, Joes Oyster Bar, Fiesta Land, etc.

Not to mention the gals walking the beach.