We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

granada with orbitz

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
granada with orbitz

Hi I was looking at booking into the granada for april. Orbitz says they offer ocean view which doesn't exist at the granada? Is this an automatic upgrade?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: granada with orbitz

I'm not dead certain, but you might be able to see the ocean from the roof, on a step ladder, still wouldn't be a very good look at it! ;) You may want the Castilla (the tower, so you can get up a ways to see the water and beach) or better still the El Moro, (again, the TOWER, "Torre El Moro") right on the beach pretty much so you have a great view of lots, including the sand.

Edited: 06 January 2011, 02:47
Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: granada with orbitz

I always use Orbitz. They have been consistently 20% cheaper than Expedia, Travelocity and so on for the last couple of years. Secondly, the last couple of years I have noticed that when the price is the same for the Castilla and Granada, the Granada is still under construction and they plan on upgrading you to the Castilla. What I do is book the cheapest room at El Cid I can find and then E-mail El Cid directly and ask for an upgrade. I did that for my upcoming trip in May and they quoted me $20.00 per night for an upgrade from Castilla pool room to Moro 1 bedroom suite. I realize a savings of about $500-700 from the price i would get on Orbitz if I booked the Moro room directly and more if I booked on the other previously named sites. I've never been one to chase a few pennies but I'll certainly go through the very minimal effort to upgrade in this fashion for this kind of scratch. Oh and to answer your question no Granada does not have ocean view. I don't have the e-mail handy but if you get on the El Cid site and click the contact button they'll guide you in the right direction.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: granada with orbitz

How long will the granada be under construction? What are they doing to it? We are planning to go in early april, so if we book the granada will they transfer to the castilla? Also their 200entertain promo still works for anyone interested.

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: granada with orbitz

It seems like it's been under construction forever. I certainly don't have a guess. Thanks for the info on 200entertain. It must have started working again after the first of the year becuase i booked my May trip in November last year and it didn't work then. No worries, I got a screaming rate anyway.

Edited: 06 January 2011, 18:56
Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: granada with orbitz

It closed October 2010 for renovations. I have no idea if it has reopened yet but when it does, it will be beautiful. The timeshare I used to have ( sob ) was HUGE. It even had a private marble courtyard type of thing accessed by the main door...then once inside the courtyard ( lobby ) there were two more doors that led to my suite.

But that was in the past and the past is no longer relevant to me anyway.

Anyway, the rooms are huge with two huge bathrooms ( double sinks etc. ) just like you'd find in the El Moro.

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: granada with orbitz

The Granada ( if not open now ) will be open in mid March.

There are NO studios left at the El Moro from March 16 -19

I have no idea of availability before those dates or after but The Granada was suggested as an alternative by the ELVC so it must be open.

I'm happy I never book a studio. I would go ballistic if they made me change rooms a few days into my vacation.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
448 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: granada with orbitz

thanks for the update on the Granada. we just booked through RVC for March 26th - April 2nd. havent stayed there before but would be happy to move accross the street to be on the beach.

8. Re: granada with orbitz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2012, 05:32