We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karaoke Bars

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albert Lea MN USA
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Karaoke Bars

Can anyone give me an update on where we might find a karaoke bar or two in Mazatlan? A few years ago we went to The Purple Onion and had an absolute blast -- I sang every song I knew and even got a request (for Blueberry Hill by Fats Domino) at the end of the night.

We will be there Feb. 24 to March 4, 2011.

Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Karaoke Bars

There is a music grid which lists the entertainment offered in various parts of Mazatlan.

It is found in "M" Magazine which I will provide a link for.

They kind of run on Mexican time as the list is for December. However most of the venues don't change all that much. You can check in for later updates.

maz-amor.com/Entertainment-The-Arts/music-gr…

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,699 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Karaoke Bars

That would have been Juan's karaoke at the Purple Onion last year. He has tons of music. He moved it over to La Palapa del Mar next door to Casa Country, on Friday nights (same night) when the Onion closed down. La Palapa del Mar is a good venue because it's large, with lots of TV's for the videos and lyrics.

There is also karaoke at Twisted Mama's Restaurant, and Heather's Place, both on Thursday nights. Ask about others when you arrive, because things can change quickly here these days.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Karaoke Bars

I think Puerto Viejo in Olas Altas still does Karaoke on Tuesdays. Thurs.? One or the other; I avoid it, no offense to the "stars", and I understand some people are pretty darn good. :) Me? I wouldn't sing in my own shower...

Mn
Level Contributor
107 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Karaoke Bars

Last year I saw people do Karaoke at Gringo Lingo, I dont' know which night they offer it.

Mazatlan, Mexico
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Karaoke Bars

Hiya there, here´s some info. for Karaoke in Mazatlan, since I´m a Karaoke singer myself, and a native of Mazatlan.

Karaoke on Monday Nights, from 6 to 10pm at Las Flores Hotel, at the Zona Dorada, a couple of blocks north of Hotel Playa Mazatlan, and across the street from the Sea Shell store.

Wednesday & Fridays (6 to 11pm) at Gringo Lingo, across from the Hotel Playa Mazatlan. Thursdays at Twisted Mammas, across from Jungle Juice, Golden Zone (Zona Dorada), and the best Karaoke gig is Friday nights at La Palapa (next to Casa Country restaurant) with the best sound and selection of songs...have fun and maybe see you there...cheers, Erny Sánchez

Albert Lea MN USA
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Karaoke Bars

Thanks!

We arrive Friday Feb. 28 and stay for a week.

The signature song my wife and I sing is Proud Mary by Ike and Tina Turner. My signature is either What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong or Like a Rolling Stone by Bob Dylan. Look for us!

Mazatlan, Mexico
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Karaoke Bars

You are on, my friend...I do Wonderful World in the Willie Nelson style and I also do Bob Dylan´s songs...My specialty lately is Michael Buble´s catalog, and I do lots of Sinatra and lots of 60s music...its all about having fun and entertain the tourist in my hometown...salud, Erny

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Karaoke Bars

After a vacation in Australia, Mr. Ed will be back Feb.1 and every Tuesday thereafter, at Puerto Viejo in Olas Altos.

Mazatlan or...
Level Contributor
147 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Karaoke Bars

The Purple Onion is now called 3 Amigos and Caesar does karaoke on friday night,just like before.

10. Re: Karaoke Bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2012, 06:18