We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in MAZ

Brandon Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping in MAZ

Girlfriend wants to know what MAZ has to offer for shopping.

Is there a shopping center for brand name clothing??

And if so where about's??

We are staying at El CID Granada from Jan 31-Feb 7th.

Thanks for the help!

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,907 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping in MAZ

Fabricas De Francia in La Gran Plaza shopping center has top quality stuff. Not cheap, but high quality. I don't know about 'Brand names' though as I have never looked at a lable in my life. I like it, it fits, seems to be well mad, isn't rediculiously priced, I buy it

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,639 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping in MAZ

I recommend Fabrica and they do have brand name.

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,847 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping in MAZ

I agree, Fabricas de Francia is the place, plus there are also some other nice shops in the mall where she might find something she likes.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping in MAZ

My sister and I loved the La Gran Plaza, especially the shoe stores, we bought waaaay too many pairs! Not sure you should be telling your girlfriend about this place or not!!! heh heh...Looking forward to shopping again on our next visit. Also, we enjoyed a nice lunch break in their food court.

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping in MAZ

In case you and your girlfriend are downtown, there is the original Fabrica de Fancais location right by the Central market. Almost directly across the street from the large Catholic cathedral. As opposed to many stores in the States and Canada you'll find lots of people to help you, and whild the "brand names" won't be the top of the line ones they do have nice things.

It's also interesing to visit Fabrica as it's very much a throw back to a time when department stores carried everything under the sun under one roof. For example the store at Gran Plaza often features beautiful motocycles right inside the South facing entry.

ottawa,ontario
Level Contributor
145 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping in MAZ

Would these stores have dresses for weddings such as cocktail dresses?

We have been fortunate enough to see several weddings in Maz & the dresses have been beautiful!!

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping in MAZ

I just got back from Frabricas de Francia at La Gran Plaza and they have good cocktail dresses (according to her... I was in the computer area). I also saw nice shops on the way out of the plaza.

8. Re: Shopping in MAZ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2011, 07:17