We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Bus?

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Which Bus?

Which bus, and on what side of the street, do I take from WalMart to the Marina?

Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Bus?

First of you do not state which Marina but I assume you mean the new Marina on the Northern end of Mazatlan

I am not sure you can go from Wal-Mart on one bus They have been making changes to the North turn around points on some busses lately.

From Wal-Mart you will need to cross the main street to get a Northbound bus. Sabalo-Cocos will take you at least as far North as Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan.This is where I am not sure as there are some reports that Sabalo-Cocos line has been extended. If it has not been extended you would need another Northbound bus to finish your trip.

If your purpose of going to Wal-Mart is just groceries and alcoholic beverages there are easier to get to stores which are better choices and are closer. Myself and many others would suggest Mega or Soriana.

If you are North of the Marina Pemex station a Playa Sur bus will take you to both the new Soriana and Mega. From anywhere in Marina area a Cerritos-Juarez bus will bring you to Mega and the original Soriana.

If you would let us know where you are staying and what store choice we can fine tune a route for you.

ottawa,ontario
Level Contributor
137 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Bus?

Cabanabob

We can always count on u for directions & websites! Thanks.

We will be at Costa Bonita so what bus what would we take to the new Soriana?

We always went to Mega so want to check out Soriana this year.

Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Bus?

From Costa Bonita you will want the Playa Sur bus.

This bus does not go through the GZ. When it gets to the Marina Pemex station it turns left and follows Avenida La Marina. When La Marina intersects Rafael Buena the bus turns right. This is the corner where Soriana is located.

Here is a view with the Soriana Plus at the bottom center. Use the minus key to zoom out the see where the Marina area is in relation to Soriana

As always, verify your destination with the bus driver..

wikimapia.org/…h

4. Re: Which Bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 January 2011, 16:11
Edited: 16 January 2011, 16:11
5. Re: Which Bus?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 January 2011, 16:28
Edited: 16 January 2011, 16:28
Ontario
Level Contributor
2,998 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Bus?

Not to "convolute" this any further, but the Juarez-Cerritos bus turns right at Mega down towards Gran Plaza, so doesn't actually pass Soriana. It would be a pretty short walk from the turn however. I think Bob was suggesting a bus that actually passes Soriana, and I am also thinking that the J-C buses are much more frequent from up there.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Bus?

I should give up, just can't get it right, lol.....

I do wonder, though, having no recall of a PlaySur bus out lulu54's way, HOW OFTEN do they get out there? Might it be a problem in that regard?

I believe you cabanabob, but I swear I've yet to notice a PlayaSur bus out there; coincidental, I guess. :)

That was part of my reason for removing my post: the turn at 'Reforma" I believe.

Edited: 16 January 2011, 16:33
Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Bus?

neils,

I posted both "new" Soriana and "original" Soriana.

Cerritos-Juarez does not go by the New Soriana Plus. I does go by the first Soriana in Mazatlan.

New visitors should not confuse either of these Soriana's with the Santa Rosa Soriana they see coming in from the airport.

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,709 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Bus?

Cabanabob has it right. Playa Sur bus definitely travels to the north along Avenida La Marina. It is a good choice to get from Marina (and points north) to the Soriana Plus area, since it bypasses the Golden Zone, making it faster.

Edited: 16 January 2011, 17:18
10. Re: Which Bus?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2012, 07:17