We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to PV from Maz?

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,451 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to PV from Maz?

Bus, fly or car rental.. What's the easist and cheapest way.

1. Re: Best way to PV from Maz?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2011, 14:31
2. Re: Best way to PV from Maz?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Edited: 24 January 2011, 14:31
3. Re: Best way to PV from Maz?

Nuevo Vallarta...
Level Contributor
783 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to PV from Maz?

aereocalafia does flights between the two spots... their website is aereocalafia.com.mx

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,847 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to PV from Maz?

Flying is a good option, otherwise, it's many hours on the bus. More beach time, this way. Also, please disregard Dirt's "informative" post as it not only contains inaccurate information, but has nothing to do with the trip you asked about.

Mazatlan
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to PV from Maz?

My recommendation is taking the bus from PV to Mazatlan (TAP). It's about 6 hours and it only makes a quick stop in Tepic. My son has taken that bus many times. $380 pesos per person, which is about $32 dollars.

The bus lines are pretty safe and I have not heard about incidents in this route.

dirt666 has been to Mazatlan only once in his life for just a few hours on a cruise ship and he hated to see sooooo many tourists having fun and enjoying the hospitality and warmth of the mazatlecans, therefore he doesn't know how enjoyable real life is here, so please ignore him.

Mentioned in this post
Mazatlan
Mazatlan
Sinaloa, Mexico
Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,388 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to PV from Maz?

We traveled from Maz to P.V. by bus a few years ago, it was slow, crowded, & uncomfortable but got us there safely.

If we were to travel to P.V. again we would pay the airfare & get there quicker & in relative comfort.

JMHO

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to PV from Maz?

I would second that in a heartbeat; done. :) Short, quick hop. When I go to PV later this year, I will probably do so myself for the last few days, to visit friends in Mazatlan, so I'll be in both places during the trip. Can't beat that.

Mentioned in this post
Mazatlan
Mazatlan
Sinaloa, Mexico
Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,451 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way to PV from Maz?

Birdman... Did you do any timeshares there? :)

Thanks for the responses.

Nobody drives it and stops along the way?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best way to PV from Maz?

Seems to me he is planning on it someday, something I read in one of his posts; "streets paved with TS gold", or something like that. :) ;)