We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Reports-----

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arkansas
Level Contributor
590 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Reports-----

It is always a good topic and I want to encourage everyone one just getting home to let us know what you found that was new and what made you fall in love all over again. The bickering is not fun to read put that in a pm. Thanks you

Gr.Rapids Minnesota
Level Contributor
231 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Reports-----

Well put Karla, and look forward to some new trip reports. As i'm sure some people will be returning. Sorry I am one that went bad. More fun to learn from those that have just been and especially enjoy first timers and how they too feel the love for Mazatlan.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
405 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Reports-----

I agree, TRIP REPORTS are my favorite thing on the forum! Some of the other stuff as mentioned has caoused me much less participation on this forum! Keep the TRIP REPORTS coming! I will share min in a few weeks.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Reports-----

Trip reports should be mandatory, or it's 40 lashes and weak Margaritas....

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Reports-----

Before our trip in March I'm hoping to read more reviews of Three Amigos, Diegos, and the new restaurant where Mr. A's used to be (can't recall the name).

Mazatlán, Sin...
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Reports-----

La Regional

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
496 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Reports-----

We are still here on an extended vacation this year/

There was a Tribute to John Lennon in December on the anniversary of his death; concert was in the Plaza Machado. Ten different bands played Beatles music, 3 or 4 songs to each set. Very enjoyable except that as the night went on the bands wanted the volume cranked up!

A trip to Copala: very knowledgable tour guide; went in a van with 10 people.

We will be taking in the Salsa and Salsa at the Royal Villas. All the rave reviews on this site! Convinced us to go!

I recommend these restaurnats on your trip to Mazatlan

Mi Terassa - a funky little restaurant just off Ave. Gaviotas. Turn right at the end of Jewellery Store row. complete breakfast at 50 pesos, includes a choice of juice, a large plate of fruit or a smoothie! There are bright checkered table cloths on all the tables so it looks pretty colorful on an otherwise dull street.

A nice little walk North (near Pueblo Bonita) to these favorites of mine:

Fat Fish - best barbecued ribs in town priced at 2 dinners for 160 pesos! comes with green salad, baked potatoe and garlic toast.

Panchos (New!) Across the street from Pueblo Bonito. Opened this Wednesday. Same menu, same prices, kahlua and cream free at the end of your meal. The difference is that they have a Charcoal Grill, which is the reason Pancho said he opened the new location. Yummier steaks on my agenda!

Munchkins: same food as other location across from the DQ but in a neat long thatched roof building.

El Fish Market: They sell fresh fish - best to go in the mornings if you want to buy some, but also have a nice menu - tasty fish tacos and grilled tuna. Busy at noon.

I would also recommend getting a World Tourist prepaid phone calling card. It is available across (diagonally) the Avenue from the DQueen. 130 pesos and I get 175 minutes to Canada!

You call a Mexican 01-800 number (TOLL FREE) . At first message press 99, at second message press 88 for service in English. There is a Pin number on the card (which is hidden and you scratch off the band) and you will be asked to enter the PIN. After you get confirmation of the PIN you enter your telephone # for Canada - 001-Area Code - Phone number.

7. Re: Trip Reports-----

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2012, 06:19