We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

castilla ocean front rooms

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
castilla ocean front rooms

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knew if the beachfront rooms are considered poolview. Is it possible to request one of these rooms or are they always booked. Does anyone know the room numbers? I would love to have a second floor beachfront room. I want to keep away from the tower as we have two little ones (one v.i. ) to worry about with the balcony. Thanks

Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: castilla ocean front rooms

The ocean front rooms are not in the pool view catagory.

The accomodation types are described in the El Cid website

You can always ask about other rooms once you are there.

www.elcid.com/castilla_beach/accommodations/

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: castilla ocean front rooms

got it. thanks

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: castilla ocean front rooms

I'd call them. You need to talk to someone who can let you in on what gives with those rooms. I believe there is a restaurant on the first floor? I'm no Castilla guy, but I don't think there are a whole lot of rooms out there, and it might be tough to get one. Would be a cool spot!!

Someone out there must know the GM. I knew some folks, but a few years have passed; I just don't remember, and it is probably new people anyway.. But keep searching; maybe someone will come up with a name/email direct to "the man". Good luck. :)

Edited: 29 January 2011, 02:56
saskatoon...
Level Contributor
97 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: castilla ocean front rooms

We stayed at the Castilla last April. We booked a poolview, because we also did not wish to stay in the highrise. When we arrived, we asked for a room closest to the beach, and they gave us a beachfront at no extra charge. I believe the room number was 1087, on the ground level. We could hop over the balcony and be right on the beach. I don't think the little ones could, though.

Bear in mind that this room (the one we stayed in) was not at all like the rooms you see in the photo gallery for the hotel. It was very clean, but very plain. The entire room was white, and a bit boring. This did not bother us at all, but we are not fussy people. We also did not spend alot of time in our room. We thought the location /view trumped the decor.

The staff at the El Cid seem to want to satisfy their customers, I don't think you should have any problem with your request as long as they're not full.

Have a really fun trip, and be sure to take your kids to the aquarium, they'll love i!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: castilla ocean front rooms

Good to hear. If I was to stay at Castilla, that is wher I'd want to be, right at eh beach. And the restaurant is where, over in the tower? It's the only one I've not gone into around there at the big El Cid Resort. ?? I am sure I have heard good things about it though. Alcazar?? Help! :)

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: castilla ocean front rooms

I may be able to get an upgrade for you. I am presently working on a couple of other ones.

Please send me a private message with the arrival info and name of reservations.

Wish me good luck!

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: castilla ocean front rooms

I was given one of those pool view, ocean front rooms when I was there for a family gathering in 2005. If you can get one they are better than the more expensive ocean view rooms in my opinion. You are closer to the beach than with any other room in the El Cid Complex.

Edited: 01 February 2011, 13:39
8. Re: castilla ocean front rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2012, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Mazatlan