We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Random act of kindness...?

saskatoon...
Level Contributor
97 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Random act of kindness...?

If you have a baseball glove (for a Lefty) that is gathering dust, please bring it along on your next journey to Mazatlan.

Francisco (poolside waiter at El Cid Castilla) pitches for a Mazatlan baseball team and would REALLY appreciate a glove.

I'd deliver it myself, but I'm too busy drying my tears because we can't take the time this year.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Tanya

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Random act of kindness...?

Sorry to hear you can't go to Maz.this year.

I am sure someone will get a glove to your friend.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Random act of kindness...?

Maybe someone will just give him a big tip, and he can buy one. That's what I would do. I'd take one to him, but I'm not going to Maz right now; wish otherwise, of course. :) Ante up, somebody: I'll pay you back if I gotta..

Wpg
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Random act of kindness...?

We tipped him a lot when we were there, he is a really nice man, not to mention an excellent poolside server!

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Random act of kindness...?

I'm a lefty and played baseball in my younger days, unfortunately any glove I have wouldn't fit the bill. I'll ask for Francisco when I'm there in May if he got one yet and i'll kick him down a couple of twenties.

saskatoon...
Level Contributor
97 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Random act of kindness...?

Thank you everyone. We asked Francisco what he would like us to bring from Canada, and he was all over the ball glove idea. He gave us a 'ballpark' of around $400 USD for him to purchase the one he wanted locally. That's what he said!

Keep the twenties coming!!! Thanks alot for your kindness.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Random act of kindness...?

This is a tough one....I would be really happy to see him receive a glove and dont want to discourage the idea! I have been to many many of the games for the league that the El Cid guys have teams happening in - tons of fun!

But just like the local leagues 'back home' - no one has a $400.USD glove.

I dont think there is anywhere in Maz to purchase a glove that expensive - it would have to be special ordered from elsewhere.

By all means, please make sure he gets a glove - but $400.00 Eeeck!

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Random act of kindness...?

Yeah that sounds a little exorbitant unless he's playing in a pro league. He should probably set his sites a little lower.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Random act of kindness...?

I think some of the more expensive ones are 400p at WAlmart.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Random act of kindness...?

Well, I guess he is begging (barking) up the wrong tree, no offense intended. But whatever his financial situation, and I hope it's OK, I think "asking" for such an item is a little "low and outside". Most anyone should certainly be able to get by with something more reasonable, like $400 pesos or less. "Eeeck" indeed.

Sure it's easy to want the "expensive" stuff, but I find it hard to go with this request. Just my few cents. :)

Edited: 03 February 2011, 15:08
Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Random act of kindness...?

I am sure it was a simple error and that he really meant 400p or 40 USD