We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Walking Distance

Albert Lea MN USA
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Beach Walking Distance

We will be staying at the Playa Mazatlan in a couple of weeks. We are looking for some restaurant options that would be walking distance down the beach (we are ok to walk a mile or two in either direction). The restaurant at the Playa outside is nice -- outside atmosphere is what we are looking for -- but we want some other options.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Walking Distance

You have Joe's next door, Pancho's in the other direction to the north, and others. I would suggest you take that walk and check things out as you go north. Within "a couple miles" covers a long stretch; should be fun and you'll find what you like, I'm sure. Walk in, check menus, look the places over, and see what makes you comfy. Have fun! :)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Walking Distance

Going north, I don't think Pueblo Bonito Maz is more than two miles away, and that is about as far as you will get on the beach. Along the way (like around Balboa Club) you could get your feet wet at high tide, but there are many restaurants/bars to see, at the hotels, as well as independant places. MANY! :) And a great walk, too! Las Flores, Chili's Pepper/Tony's/LocosLocos, La Costa Marinera, Diego's, La Concha at El Cid, AlAgua, Costa de Oro (Adobe's + a bar next to the Inn @ Maz), Papaguyos at the Inn, etc., etc., good luck checking them all out if you have limited time! You can walk right in the hotels/restaurants/bars...

Arkansas
Level Contributor
592 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Walking Distance

That is what is great about Maz. you can go into any hotel and rest. on your walk along the beach. In Cancun you can only get served where you stay. One morning we got very hungary before we got our coffee and breakfast not knowing we couldn;t go into any other place.

Canada
Level Contributor
596 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Walking Distance

you will have a vast array of restaurants some that weren't mentions come to mind..they are Panama (it's also a bakery), jungle juice, Margaritas, Arrc Lulu, those are in your area. I have stayed at the Playa before and I really loved the staff there. They are great! David the bellman is so fantastic and the beach is great. Panchos which is close to you is awesome and I strongly reccomend you try it once during your stay!! Have fun!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,420 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Walking Distance

If you get a yen for a great biurger walk to Mary's . Across from El Cid ( abit south) behingd Rico's coffee shop... Rico's is nice for a Starbucks type fix.

Neither is beachfront, but both are good.

\And I second Mazfan... Do go to Pancho's.

Edited: 13 February 2011, 22:29
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Walking Distance

Both the last two posts have some places mentioned with (varied) outdoor atmosphere about them, but are mostly not on the beach. However, good choices, good places! :) They must be visited (IMHO). Fine stops, great variety of food/pastry/etc...

Edited: 14 February 2011, 02:00
Albert Lea MN USA
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Walking Distance

Thanks -- I want on the beach.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Walking Distance

I frequent many, many others, but like you, I need LOTS of beach, especially for food/drink/views. Gotta have it. :) The beauty of it is the easy walking in Mazatlan along so many miles of beach!

9. Re: Beach Walking Distance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2012, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Mazatlan
Recent Conversations