We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maria Candelaria

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Millsboro, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Maria Candelaria

We think we found it - Under the bandstand, right? Never would have thought to look there, thanks to whoever posted the image!

What are the hours of operation?

We've been by there four times now, it's always been closed>

Thanks!

calgary
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maria Candelaria

No new reviews since June. I fear it may be closed. Too bad it is, the owner Juan is a great guy and the food was very good.

Millsboro, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maria Candelaria

Thanks, C/T. We go by there often, walking back from the bus, will check it a few more times (the windows have curtains, some of the windows are open, but the doors are padlocked).

Wish It, Was A...
Level Contributor
935 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Maria Candelaria

I am lost as to where this is????

Can you give a bit more info as to location,please?

Thanks,

MBL

calgary
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maria Candelaria

It is under the gazebo/bandstand at plazuela republica MBL. That is the little plaza just south of the cathedral and east of city hall where the shoeshine men are. I think the lack of visibility might have been a problem if it is indeed closed. The cathedral draws lots of tourists of course, but most of them have no idea there is a restaurant there.

Wish It, Was A...
Level Contributor
935 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Maria Candelaria

Thanks for the reply cowtown112!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Maria Candelaria

"...but most of them have no idea there is a restaurant there." That's the truth, most people have never even heard of it. Must just be the lack of visitors. Maybe (just a hopeful guess) they'll get going again this summer for the Nationals, when school is out. :) Do a search and you'll find some photos.

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maria Candelaria

Cowtown,

Are you saying that the gazebo ( the thing with steps ) has/had a restaurant UNDER it? I swear I must be blind. Where would the entrance be? I'll be there in 13 days and first I'm going to make a monetary ( of course ) bet with my husband that there is a restaurant there.

Then I'll win the bet when I show him the entrance or the windows or something. I'll make sure the bet is a large one.

Thanks,

Millsboro, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maria Candelaria

We've been by there two more times, still padlocked.

Ontario
Level Contributor
2,999 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maria Candelaria

Gillian: Make sure you word the "bet" carefully! Itr is there, but not open.....

calgary
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maria Candelaria

Here is a pic of where the entrance is Gillian.

tripadvisor.ca/…22929079

I didn't take this picture I found it in the TA restaurant section. I think this is the south side of the building. You can see the Maria Calendaria sign which I am guessing is not there anymore. The place got great reviews on TA but apparently that wasn't enough.