We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is $25 round trip taxi fare reasonable for the airport?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
is $25 round trip taxi fare reasonable for the airport?

I'll be staying at Casa Leyenda in May sometime and they offer this as an add-on option. It sounds like a good deal.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
705 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is $25 round trip taxi fare reasonable for the airport?

Hello

was this through delta or worryfree.vacation? If so I did that last year and it worked out great, and a very good deal. at the airport a rep was waiting for me and put me in one of the yellow taxi's to the hotel. then a couple of days before the end of my trip the rep was in the hotel lobby and asked what time i wanted the taxi. on the day to go back that morning the taxi was waiting outside for me. what should have cost me 52 usd it was only 25 usd. i did tip extra even though your not susposed to. i wasn't sure how much the driver actually got paid. i just wanted to make the driver got some money.

mark

Edited: 22 February 2011, 08:07
Mn
Level Contributor
107 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is $25 round trip taxi fare reasonable for the airport?

Yes! Regular taxi would be aboaut $30 1 way (usually non-negotiable from the airport).

Mazatlan
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: is $25 round trip taxi fare reasonable for the airport?

Yes, the normal fare to the airport from Centro is $25 EACH WAY.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,752 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is $25 round trip taxi fare reasonable for the airport?

If you have luggage with you, you are supposed to tip.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is $25 round trip taxi fare reasonable for the airport?

thanks all for the replies, I will tip, as I always do, but I will also check with Casa Leyenda as this is not a package vacation through any agency or airline.

What about using taxis to get around town? Safety? Is there a particular type of taxi recommended or to be aware of?

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
461 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is $25 round trip taxi fare reasonable for the airport?

Orbitz also has an add on for $25.00 for roundtrip transfers via Pronatours. From the airport to the hotel was on a bus with other tourists and stopped at various hotels on the way. For the return trip they arranged a privat cab back to the airport. If you are not familliar with Maz. keep in mind the airport is about 18 miles away. On my trip back the cab driver made his way through some pretty run down areas before getting on the main road. It seemed like a long ways. If not for seeing signs to the areopuerto, I would have been wondering where in the world was he taking me. Could be a little nervous for a single female passenger. All in all it was worth the price and i booked the same transfer for this year's trip in 4 weeks.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: is $25 round trip taxi fare reasonable for the airport?

"What about using taxis to get around town? Safety? Is there a particular type of taxi recommended or to be aware of?"

Your choice, and safety is not an issue. Sometimes, in the "open" ones (Pulmonias/Safaris), you need to hang on! ;) All busses, Pulmonias, Safaris, taxis are great, busses being very inexpensive. If not a bus, make sure you negotiate (or simply agree to) the price before getting on your way.

And $25 is awesome, RT.

Edited: 23 February 2011, 04:00
B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,972 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is $25 round trip taxi fare reasonable for the airport?

SkynTonic.. that would be Per Person.One Way? Or?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is $25 round trip taxi fare reasonable for the airport?

$25 was the best deal with Pronatours! The timeshare folks are so darn aggressive though, and I think "my game was off"! Nonetheless, since i was a solo passenger, the Pronatours folks (who had a shirts with logos and signage), sent me off to Casa De Leyendas in a cab. No voucher was needed. I just paid the guy the $25 US and life was good! The airport is about 20 km south of the town, fyi, so its about a 1/2 hour drive.

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is $25 round trip taxi fare reasonable for the airport?

$25.00 round trip is about half the price of taking a taxi but be ready to make several stops at other resorts before you get to your destination and to have a time-share presentation pitched at you while you sit on the bus. For some this is quite acceptable but I will never take a shuttle again.

I'm sorry I didn't read your last post before posting mine. So will you have to pay for your return to the airport? No matter it's still a bargain compared to the time-share cattle cars. Enjoy your vacation.

Edited: 19 May 2011, 15:38
Get answers to your questions about Mazatlan