We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short trip review

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas, Alaska
Level Contributor
5,225 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Short trip review

We had a lazy week, so just a few restaraunts to mention. We stayed at my wife's parents condo (360 Tower) on Cerritos beach.

With the addition of the Riu out that way, that beach was a good bit busier than last time we were down (3 years ago...how time flies!)

Start with the best...

Mr. Liones at the end of Cerritos beach. I love this place:) We only discovered it last trip, so I was anxious to get back, and it didn't disappoint! GREAT shrimp, for 950.00 pesos. Can't beat that with a stick:) For some reason the coconut (which my wife favors) is 150.00 pesos...I can't understand why it's nearly double, and although it's also very good, I wouldn't pay that when the breaded is so good. I don't even remember what else our party ate in the 2 times we went there...possibly I'm still suffering from the shrimp bliss) But everybody liked whatever else it was:)

We tried a newer place called the Fish Market. OK...but I wouldn't run back. Lousy, weak lemonade, surprisingly, but the food was good (not outstanding).

Went to Munchkins to try the (recommended) ribs. Very good, good value. Not the best I've had, but I'd go back. My daughter raved about her hamburger, and she's not a big raver:)

Didn't get to Fat Fish to try their ribs for comparison to Munchkins (the lure of Mr. Liones was too strong...:) Next time...

That's it then. Otherwise, we hung out at the pool and the beach and tried to stay warm! Probably the coolest week we've ever spent in Maz.

We do have a beautiful, free condo at our disposal now, so I'm looking toward a future trip, possibly in a warmer season:)

I touched on the safety on the thread about....safety:) Suffice it to say I'm won't hesitate to go back.

1. Re: Short trip review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 02:43
usa
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Short trip review

Thank you for taking the time to post your trip report, sorry it’s been a bit cool but at least you were in Mazatlan, I’m keeping warm by splitting, delivering and stacking firewood for a couple of my boys, ha ha. Glad you are enjoying your self’s, I hope that’s an extra 0 on the price of your meal, but I do so love the coconut shrimp. Thanks for the heads up on the restaurants you tried and there always next time for the others. Mr. 2Day

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Short trip review

Thanks for the TR and glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves. Mr. Lionses is on our list to try next trip (in 2 weeks). I totally agree with your daughter about Munchkins hamburger, so yummy!!

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
405 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short trip review

Thanks for taking time to report! We too like Mr. Lionso's but did not get there this winter, for sure next time.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,752 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Short trip review

Thank you for your report. I always enjoy reading them.

BC Okanagan
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Short trip review

Thanks for the report. Coconut shrimp...*whimper*..I am off to look over my photos and dream.

Prince Albert...
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Short trip review

The lobster/shrimp plate is also excellent for 220 pesos. 2 lobster tails and shrimp...fantastic. And don't forget the 2 for 1 margaritas for 60 pesos!

Washington State
Level Contributor
182 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Short trip review

Thanks for posting this! When I was there two weeks ago, we ate at Mr. Lionso's twice during our one week stay. I'm with you - the shrimp is awesome! I like mine grilled though :-)

As others have mentioned, I think the price was closer to $95 than $950 ;-) At least I know my order was definitely under $100!

Geekgirl

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas, Alaska
Level Contributor
5,225 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Short trip review

I stand corrected (and corrected, etc:) The shrimp is indeed LESS than 10 bucks:) The best part is it's the same price as 3 years ago:)

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Short trip review

Thanks so much for sharing. My husband and I were married in Mazatlan 2 years ago and are coming back with our baby. Are you seeing a lot of babies down there? Being the daughter of a pilot I have traveled since I entered the world. But this is my first time coming down with a little one. Any advice? My friends near Puerto Vallarta just told me they have seen many babies, and they love it down there. Just want to make the best choices possible for our boy. We are staying at La Marina El Cid and we know he'll have a ball there....we love the staff. Any other thoughts for a safe trip? Can't wait for shrimp! We are excited to try some new restaurants...thanks for some new ideas.

Edited: 01 March 2011, 21:21